SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got One! -- Mazda shifted 143 more 30th Anniversary Miatas to the US
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got One! -- Mazda shifted 143 more 30th Anniversary Miatas to the US Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
That hard top. Fuck me if that isn't just about the best looking car out there.

I know, RiGht!!?!!? If it was from Europe, you could add a "1" to the front of the price tag. I struggled hard. that RF is an astonishingly beautiful car. More practical in some ways as well. And the roof is a marvel to watch operate. But in the end, the car should be a soft top. The RF feels a little more like a Sunroof than a convertible. And that rear side window is fake. Black plastic. Which works great to visually perfect it, but is still weird to my sensibilities.

Just found this. Gives a good sense for the lines and true color without the auto-show laser lights beaming on it.

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club! As a multiple Miata owner they are just fine cars! The new ones are really capable and I love the recaros in them! The 30 AE’s are above and beyond sexy.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once got a chance to meet a Mazda design engineer in the early 90s. He worked in the California studio that the Miata came from. I’ll always remember his comments that they wanted to design a car that gave all the fun of those small British sports cars (MG,Triumph) without being a problematic British sports car, and how it took years to convince Mazda that there was a market.

Nice grab!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A ceramic club with recaro & bbs was my top choice on the ND.

Never was a fan of the RF, which to me is a targa, not a convertible. But, I wasn't a fan of the prht NC either.

But I'm ok with them if it adds some $ to Mazda sales & helps them bring more stuff to market. Like their proposed RWD turbo I6 sedan Eek
Luckily your ND is the revised model with the higher redline & a bit more power.

Not a bad garage for you, the ND for fun & the W210 for a cruiser.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
I once got a chance to meet a Mazda design engineer in the early 90s. He worked in the California studio that the Miata came from. I’ll always remember his comments that they wanted to design a car that gave all the fun of those small British sports cars (MG,Triumph) without being a problematic British sports car, and how it took years to convince Mazda that there was a market.

Nice grab!

Reading the comments earlier about sports car snobbery and attitudes toward Miatas, I was planning to post that I was the opposite. Some of my best memories in HS were of my friend putting glass packs on his dad's MG and us sneaking it out on summer nights in MS, top down with a full moon cruising back country roads. That was one of those Hallmark moments you knew wouldn't ever come again. Soooo much fun to drive!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:

This guy??? Tom Matano

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I truly hate to do it, but I may have to turn the W210 loose as I'm having trouble scheming up where's I'd store two summer-only cars. The W210 has never seen a snowflake. But I just finished totally bringing up to my OCD standards for maintenance and refreshening. Frown

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I always wanted an S2000 or a Miata but I’m too tall. Frown

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow. Really envious. That sounds like it'll be a joy to drive.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Beautiful car and like you has always been on my list. Love the choice of the soft top, and the new Miata is awesome with more HP, lightweight and those brakes and shocks with lighter wheels will give you an awesome handling car. Jealous - one day I’ll have one when the kids are gone.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

You will love driving it!

I bought a 2001 LS (6 speed) new and had it for about 15 years. 100% reliable, etc.

Commuter, long-weekend jaunts (pre kids) and a bunch of auto-x'ing (let me know if u need magnetic numbers)!

Get some high performance summer tires on it (I had Toyo T1S Proxes) and drive it like you stole it!

Zoom Zoom!!

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous. I am too big for an MX-5.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! That's cool news! Congrats!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I've always liked the Miata, but I'm 6'5" and I simply don't fit in one. IMO, it's a great balance of style, handling, and price...unfortunately biased towards small people. My wife (who is 5'3") really wants one, so we'll likely have one some day.

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I truly hate to do it, but I may have to turn the W210 loose as I'm having trouble scheming up where's I'd store two summer-only cars. The W210 has never seen a snowflake. But I just finished totally bringing up to my OCD standards for maintenance and refreshening. Frown

That's too bad, would make a fine winter car too, but tough to submit a snow free car to a rough winter.
As clean as it is, it should do well, but may take time to find the right buyer.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Very cool. My brother had a Miata a fews years back, so I have had a chance to drive one. Those big Brembo calipers look terrific in the pictures.

Everyone else seems to have the advantage on me. What’s a “ND?” How about “an LSD?”

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent choice. I'm green with envy.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Very cool. My brother had a Miata a fews years back, so I have had a chance to drive one. Those big Brembo calipers look terrific in the pictures.

Everyone else seems to have the advantage on me. What’s a “ND?” How about “an LSD?”

ND = chassis/model code for the 4th gen Miata
I suppose his is an ND2 since it's the 1st revision of the generation.
LSD = Limited slip differential

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dude! double the fun

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post