SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Obama $400K speeches
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obama $400K speeches Login/Join 
posted
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/28/...-wall-street-speech/

WTF???

What person, company or entity paid those fees???

Beyond criminal if you follow the money.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Morons, if you ask me.

But he isn't President, and it is private money, so have at it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Cantor Fitzgerald,

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...speech-fee.html?_r=0

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Can't let Slick Willie have all the fun raping and pillaging.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Free market, remember? If someone is willing to pay it then good for him. Might be his best financial decision in the last 8.5 years.

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
Free market, remember? If someone is willing to pay it then good for him. Might be his best financial decision in the last 8.5 years.

Yup.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
For 8 years he disparaged the same folks who are now paying him $400K to yap his mouth. Hypocrite.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Cantor Fitzgerald got PR and hot air for their money. There are those who say that all publicity is good publicity....maybe CF is looking to burnish their brand image with the left?

I can see the ad campaign....

"Occupy Wall Street....and let Cantor Fitzgerald hold your money while you do!"

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
As much as I dislike him I have no problem with it. We'd all give a speech for that kind of money. If they are stupid enough to pay him that amount why not go for it?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Odumbo learned at the feet of his masters, the Clintons, the best grifters in the politics business.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Cantor Fitzgerald,

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...speech-fee.html?_r=0

Cantor Fitzgerald took the heaviest loss of life on 9/11.
I hope they took good care of the widows and children before wasting it on that pathological lying Kenyon!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Who was it that said, “I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money” ?

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
We'd all give a speech for that kind of money.

Nobody here would be given that kind of money, and very few people other than Obama in the world. This is not about speech-giving, it's not about hearing wisdom from Obama that he doesn't have, it's about one thing and one thing only: the palm-greasing of Washington corruption.

When you hear something like this about a politician-- huge sum of money for a "speech"-- whether it's a Democrat or a Republican--it's all about Washington corruption.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
And nobody on Wall Street had criminal charges under the Obama administration for the housing bubble collapse, although his Justice Department several times promised Congress to do so. And now Wall Street pays him $400K for a speech.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1858 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
It's called pay back. Obama falsely propped up Wall Street for most of his occupation. Now he's collecting on his favors.

quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/28/...-wall-street-speech/

WTF???

What person, company or entity paid those fees???

Beyond criminal if you follow the money.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TigerDore:
It's called pay back. Obama falsely propped up Wall Street for most of his occupation. Now he's collecting on his favors.

You beat me to the post............

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
At a health care conference no less, this is rich

quote:
when he delivers a speech in September at a health care conference

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Anyone think Michelle Obama might have a political future?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Kenya can always use another regional magistrate.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Anyone think Michelle Obama might have a political future?

In Venezuela.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post