SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Archery, Need help finding a Bear Cruzer string.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Archery, Need help finding a Bear Cruzer string. Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
My daughter has a scrimmage this Saturday and her bow string broke this evening practicing.

I don’t know what I am looking for in regards to length and such on Amazon.

She has this Bear Cruzer RTH can anyone help point me to the correct string I need to order ?

Seems Bass Pro and Cabela’s would take 2 weeks to get a string.

Will be checking with Grafton Archery in China Groove, NC in the morning.
If there are other archery shops around North Charlotte area I should check with please let me know.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
I am seeing some that say 57” it it appears there are a couple different cruzer’s and I am not confident that is correct. I would get on the phone with 60x custom strings first thing in the morning. Not the cheapest but high quality strings and their customer service is good.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Thanks, looks like they have them ready to ship.
Ready to Ship Bear Custom Compound Bow String & Cable Package

I know nothing about archery.

What selection would be best?
Speed Nok, TPU, or None
Speed Nocks and TPU’s

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
Unless that bow already has speed nocks installed I would not add them (none). If your unsure whether it has them currently, 60x has a pretty good explanation on their site... they are basically “weights” strategically added to the string to increase speed.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack, but is there really a town called China Groove in NC?
If so, I got's to go there.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Yep, think it’s the home of the Doobie Brothers. Wink

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
If the string broke, definitely replace the cables as well. Looks like 60X sells them as a string and cable set. I'd start calling local bow shops, hopefully you have one there that you've established a relationship with. It's not just finding replacement strings and cables, the bow is going to have to be put in a press, have the new strings and cables installed, cam timing checked and a rough tune performed, new D-loop installed and either a new peep or re-use the old one and tie it in, and she's going to have to re-sight it afterwards.

I know, probably not what you wanted to hear when in a time crunch.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
China Grove is a small town in Texas, about 10 miles from San Antonio in Bexar county. Did Doobie Brothers singer/guitarist Tom Johnston know this when he wrote the song? Sort of. Here's what he told us: "The words were written last, and they were made up around this whole idea of this wacky little town with a sheriff that had a Samurai Sword and all that sort of thing. The funny thing was that I found out in 1975 in a cab in Houston that there really was a China Grove, although what happened was in 1972 we were touring in Winnebagos, and we were driving into San Antonio. And there is a China Grove, Texas, right outside of San Antonio. I must have seen the sign and forgotten about it. And when I came up with the term 'China Grove,' I thought I was just making it up because of the words being about this crazy sheriff with a Samurai Sword."

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post