SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anthony Weiner going to prison
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Anthony Weiner going to prison Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
He pled guilty to sending explicit messages to a teen and the prosecutors are seeking 21-27 months in prison. Plus he will have to register as a sex offender.

Link to NBC News

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Just a day after a former Secret Service Officer got 20 for the same thing.
Ex-Secret Service Officer Gets 20 Years for Sexting Teens From White House

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Judge: "Bailiff, Whack his pee-pee"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The SS agent also pleaded guilty to attempting to entice a minor, which is not a factor in Weiner's case.

I don't know the actual facts of either case, and they aren't in the reports.

Plus, Weiner hasn't been sentenced yet. The 21 months was the recommendation. I don't know whether the judges usually accept these deals or sometimes change them.

So the cases aren't the same. Maybe Weiner is getting off light. Maybe the agent is getting screwed. Maybe it is a little of each. We don't know enough to say.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
WRT the Secret Service officer, as the prosecutor put it:

" ... was himself an armed guard at the single most important residence in our constitutional republic, yet he repeatedly used that guard booth to take photos of his penis and send them to underage girls."

I'm thinking the 20 years has to do with where he took and sent the images and the fact he sent them to more than one underage recipient.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Weiner's only hope in prison is that he gets Jared Fogle as a cellmate.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Weiner's only hope in prison is that he gets Jared Fogle as a cellmate.

Maybe the two of them can resurrect "Subway's $5 Footlong Deal" Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Weiner struck a plea deal...god knows what it was.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Weiner Man is gonna be just fine. Hey, he's part of the Clinton Crime Family! He's goin' in like a gangsta with mad street cred.

Anthony "Foot Long" Weiner aka Tony Red Hot aka Frankie Frankfurter

Hey, Ant'ny, here's what you do- first day in the joint, you find the biggest, baddest melon famer in there. Grab him by the neck, pull him right up to your face and say "Syrup or jelly, bitch?"

If you survive that, you'll be a big man on easy street. Or, you'll be a quadriplegic. Either way, it's all good, brah.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It's about fucking time.

I hope they keep him away from his social media accounts while in prison.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19649 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
three comments about his sentencing:

1. The charge carries a potential sentence of up to 10 years in prison, but could involve no jail time depending on the determination of a judge.

2. Weiner agreed not to appeal any sentence between 21 and 27 months in prison

3. final sentencing hearing in September.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...ing-minor/101870332/

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://nypost.com/2017/05/19/h...low&sr_share=twitter

Huma Abedin has finally filed for divorce against Anthony Weiner, just as her estranged husband pleaded guilty to sexting with a minor.

She brought an anonymous versus anonymous action in Manhattan Supreme Court Friday.

She’s asking for the court to seal the case.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://nypost.com/2017/05/19/h...low&sr_share=twitter

Huma Abedin has finally filed for divorce against Anthony Weiner, just as her estranged husband pleaded guilty to sexting with a minor.

She brought an anonymous versus anonymous action in Manhattan Supreme Court Friday.

She’s asking for the court to seal the case.

Poor Weiner, he will probably need counseling in prison. Not to worry, as I am sure his fellow prisoners will get him to open up.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
It's a dick in a box.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
With a name like that he's bound to be popular.

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
With a name like that he's bound to be popular.

Word is that he going to have an identity change to keep it low key in prison. His new name is rumored to be Ben Dover.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
An actual funny moment from Bill Maher Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsfzawBsXBk

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The SS agent also pleaded guilty to attempting to entice a minor, which is not a factor in Weiner's case.

I don't know the actual facts of either case, and they aren't in the reports.

Plus, Weiner hasn't been sentenced yet. The 21 months was the recommendation. I don't know whether the judges usually accept these deals or sometimes change them.

So the cases aren't the same. Maybe Weiner is getting off light. Maybe the agent is getting screwed. Maybe it is a little of each. We don't know enough to say.

And here I was suspecting another example of Clintonesque two tier justice. Silly me.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Heard this ahole could also get probation, since there's no mandatory sentencing here. Since scumbags protect their own, this turd's going to be looking at 6 months of hard probation.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Report This Post