SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now I know how a dog feels when it is whacked with a rolled up newspaper...OR...my shopping trip to Publix...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now I know how a dog feels when it is whacked with a rolled up newspaper...OR...my shopping trip to Publix... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
...Wednesday is as I fondly call it..."geezer day" where you get 5% off your your total purchase at my local Publix if you are over 60 (my apologies to those over 60...I'm 64 Big Grin)...

Long story short...I'm filling my buggy with the BOGO chicken broth, Marie Callander's chicken pot pies, Green Giant frozen veggies or what is on sale...

Lost in the whole grocery shopping thing...thinking about that 5% I'll be saving at checkout...THEN...

Whack!...To the back of my head!...

I spin around and face an aged 60+ well dressed lady with a rolled up Publix sale flyer in her hand standing beside another aged 60+ lady pushing a buggy...

Lady with rolled up Publix flyer... "HOW DARE YOU!"...

Me with much surprise..."excuse me"...(I'm thinking I might have hit her with my buggy)...

Lady..."How dare you just walk by and not speak to me...that so rude!"...

Me..."Do I know you"...

Lady..."You don't recognize me do you"...while pointing and wagging the rolled up flyer in my face...at least she was smiling...

Me..."NO...NO...do I know you?"...

Lady..."Yes...I'm your neighbor...I can't believe you don't recognize me...gee Ron, I've walked my dog in front of your house all summer!"...

Me..."I'm not Ron...I'm Charlie...not Ron"...

Lady..."Oh my...I thought you were Ron my neighbor...Oh my...I've just slapped a total stranger on the head...Oh my!, Oh my!...I'm so sorry..Oh my, Oh no, Oh my!"...

Me (trying to make her feel better)..."No problem, I get mistaken for Ron all the time...he is such a good looking guy"...didn't work, she is melting down and will not even look at me...she just walked away...the lady with her looked at me and said with a smile..."I have no idea who you are...I'm not involved in this...my name is Susan and I'm pleased to meet you Charlie" and reached out and shook my hand (she was totally enjoying the whole thing at her friends expense)...

I really felt bad for the other lady...it had to be embarrassing, but in the stream of life, I found it refreshing and funny...I think Susan handled the whole thing with the right attitude...I'm sure she has given her friend a hard time...and I can relate to the surprise a dog must have being whacked by a rolled up newspaper (or a Publix flyer) Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I had something similar happen to me once.

I was checking out at Publix when a hot 20-something blonde put her hand on my arm.

"Hi there," she said with a big smile, "You don't remember me, do you?"

I thought and thought but nothing clicked. I finally guessed: "You're not that hooker from my bachelor party that I rear-ended on the coffee table are you?"

She blushed and said, "No. I'm your daughter's first grade teacher".

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why...is...that...so...Jim Shugart Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin...that's funny, no matter who you are Big Grin

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Hey Charlie, I think they were trying to pick you up!!!!

You should keep going back every Wednesday looking for Susan and "the Swater" until you find them again.

Invite them both out to dinner, a movie ~ ya never know where that might go!
Big Grin

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't really think about it until now...do you think she got me mixed up with Ron Jeremie...we are the same age (no...not even a chance Eek)

Jimmy Buffet

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
They're probably a team that will roll ya and steal your shit.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

Yep. They're sneaky. One will get you nekkid and all hot and sweaty while the other steals your wallet.

BTW Walmart has a big selection of wallets on sale for a buck ninety nine. Big Grin

I'm sure I can karma you a hunnerd dollar bill, yanno to help you out.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
quote:

Yep. They're sneaky. One will get you nekkid and all hot and sweaty while the other steals your wallet.

BTW Walmart has a big selection of wallets on sale for a buck ninety nine. Big Grin

I'm sure I can karma you a hunnerd dollar bill, yanno to help you out.

What if that's not their game? He could wake up in a bathtub filled w/ ice. Do you have any idea what a 64 y.o. kidney is worth on the black market? (I don't.)

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I sometimes get mistaken for my younger brother. He moved out of state years ago but people still remember him for the perverted, rude, vulgar, foul-mouthed person that I'm not. Eek

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had something similar happen to me once.

I was checking out at Publix when a hot 20-something blonde put her hand on my arm.

"Hi there," she said with a big smile, "You don't remember me, do you?"

I thought and thought but nothing clicked. I finally guessed: "You're not that hooker from my bachelor party that I rear-ended on the coffee table are you?"

She blushed and said, "No. I'm your daughter's first grade teacher".

ROTFLMAO at work !

You are my hero, sir Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
classic

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Senior moment, acceptable in a Publix.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
A lady in the fabric store turned to me and said “Do you like this color? Oh, you’re not my husband!”

I said “No. I may be getting senile but I’m sure I’d remember you.”

Later at the checkout lines, she was beside a man, saw me and said “This is my husband.”

I said “Are you sure?”

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Well, in fairness, you DID say you were shopping for BOGOs Big Grin

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
So, to ask the real question. Was Susan hot?

Big Grin

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
One of our family stories of lore.

Many moons back my mom and my aunt(who has my sense of humor) were shopping at some department store. My aunt, upon finding my mom and her cart promptly walks up to the cart grabs one of the tops, holds it up and proclaims....

"Why do you insist on buying things that make you look like a whore!?"

When the nice lady with the cart turned around mortified my aunt realized.....not my mom.

Dear Mom was two rows over laughing her ass off at the mortified woman and my now white as a ghost aunt.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
So, to ask the real question. Was Susan hot?

Big Grin

14 replies before someone got to the important question.....this place is slipping Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
That's funny, Ron!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That is funny. I'd be fuming if I got hit by a rolled up newspaper though.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Just think and remember, before SigForum it started with "Dear Penthouse"

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post