SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Priest suffers severe burns after fall while running across hot coals in India
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Priest suffers severe burns after fall while running across hot coals in India Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
The addendum to the story should read that the people that didn't attempt to run across the coals suffered zero burns. That's just sort of how these things roll.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...-coals-in-india.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Owie

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
When you play with fire, sometimes you get....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Fox News website has started to become very tabloid-esque. "SHOCKING" or "GRAPHIC" rarely leaves their page. - SHOCKING photos of baby deer with an arrow thrugh its head. GRAPHIC video of a porpoise choking on an octopus (fucking what?? Roll Eyes). Ridiculous, click-bait tabloid garbage. Pisses me off to no end. One of the few places I can go online for news and they start pulling this sleazy shit.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Well, Priests can drink beer.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I've noticed this on FOX too, along with celebrity gossip. It does have a way of diminishing their credibility as a more hard news site.

This particular article, while graphic and not particularly newsworthy, is another amazing example of the utterly insane stuff that people do. Probably best filed as "click-bait", but yet it is jaw-dropping because it is so strikingly senseless. That priest could have done anything that day, but his choice was to run through hot coals. If I had kids I would show them this video as an example of how important a little common sense is.

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
The priest had a lot of faith but was a wee bit short on judgement. I've never gotten the fire walking thing. There's really no upside other than to say you were damn lucky not to get burned if you were successful. Tony Robbins might argue this point, though.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I love how almost every news outlet prefaces every video with "we want to warn you this video might be disturbing to some viewers" when it doesn't show anything that is in anyway 'disturbing'.

No different then describing an accident as a "Terrible, horrible, high speed crash, that just devastated both vehicles" when both sustained moderate damage. I'm just waiting for a report to cry "oh the humanity" on the scene of the next fender bender.

Just hype to keep you glued to the TV

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
He needs to become more callus.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
The other guys that jumped in to save him deserve a beer.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Very rare played by his rescuers.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

HA !!! Hits the nail on the stupid coal burning head.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
The sensation factor of that stupid "news story" would have been more "sensational" if they just left the bastard roast. That's some culture I won't understand, unless it's the Indian version of "hold my beer, watch this".

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post