SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vehicle pursuit ends on flight line at Lemoore NAS, damage to F/A-18
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vehicle pursuit ends on flight line at Lemoore NAS, damage to F/A-18 Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Pitiful

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the CHP chopper overflight of a military base? In my old SAC days, that would have been a big no-no.
Maybe they cleared it with the base tower before they hopped the perimeter fence.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
I used to fly the Warrior out of Hanford, and on Sunday mornings when the base was closed it was no big deal to simply coordinate with Approach and overfly the base at 1500' MSL. My friends and family would get a kick out of seeing what I saw from a Hornet every day. This was prior to 9/11, so not sure if they've tightened up on that kind of thing. Besides, there's nothing to see that you won't see zoomed in on Google Maps.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What a bizarre way to die.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
I can't be the only one that wishes they would've heard the rat-a-tat-tat-tat of a 20mm going off, or seen a Hellfire go whizzing towards it?

Big Grin I kept thinking "I wonder if that F-18 flying around there is armed?"

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And the CHP chopper overflight of a military base? In my old SAC days, that would have been a big no-no.
Maybe they cleared it with the base tower before they hopped the perimeter fence.

I'm sure they were in comms with Lemoore tower.

quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
I can't be the only one that wishes they would've heard the rat-a-tat-tat-tat of a 20mm going off, or seen a Hellfire go whizzing towards it?

Yeah it was a police helo video, likely unarmed. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
No info released on the victims, my guess, nice visitors from south of the border...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
No info released on the victims, my guess, nice visitors from south of the border...

Dead low-lifes identified

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:

Yeah it was a police helo video, likely unarmed. Wink

Uh huh, but there was an F/A-18 airborne at the same time, wanting to land at Lemoore. The audio captured one or two communications between the jet and the tower, and it appeared briefly in the video making a go-around. Probably also unarmed, but what an excuse for a strafing run he would have had. Wink And yes, the CHP chopper was also communicating with the tower.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The driver had $105k in warrants. Now they get to add damage to a $30M fighter

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many bases principally utilize military security over contractors for their gate security? Every base I've been on (10-12) it's been contractors, with maybe 1-2 MP/SP/USMC/USAF SF personal in the vicinity or manning the desk.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Last base I was on they had 6-10 inch posts below grade just waiting to be deployed. Now I don’t know how fast they are, but wouldn’t it work to have them deploy as fast as a switch blade with a failsafe remote on the guard’s person?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post