SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    March 13, National Napping Day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

March 13, National Napping Day Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
I presume many of us will participate in this most beneficial national holiday, maybe we need the day off, ya know, to nap longer, maybe there is a good part of Spring Forward, Fall Back time change..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

National Napping Day

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
cool ... zzzzzzzzzz

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
wait, what? who woke me up?

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm down with that.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
March 14 is steak and bj day....

Better than a nap. Although a nap might be nice after the above takes place.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Might as well catch a few Z's. Thus far today I have done one alignment. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billfasttax
posted Hide Post
I celebrate this most every day! With great enthusiasm!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming…......WOW! WHAT A RIDE!

Posts: 766 | Location: North of Atlanta | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I've been participating repeatedly throughout the day. Sadly due to influenza and strong meds.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The problem with naps is that then I'm up until midnight-1AM (if I'm lucky). Then, I'm groggy the next day, requiring yet another nap, and the cycle repeats itself.

I enjoy them at the time, but I'd much rather not nap and sleep a normal schedule.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
every time I try and take a nap someone calls me....

I thought I had another stroke and now all I want is some F'n sleep....ughhhhh

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Wish I could (today is my birthday as well) but I have plans for most of the day. At least I'm having fun though, right?

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll tell ya what. I picked up a bug over the weekend, no real sleep Saturday night, and Sunday night finally got some sleep.

Then my visiting porch cat has the nerve to wake me up from a nice pre-wakeup nap this morning. Something about a freshened food bowl and "nature calls" with no regard for the clock's changing nonsense.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
March seems like a good month considering Napping day(March 13) and is followed by another great holiday(March 14). Big Grin

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16398 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Well, damn it I'm early. I got a grand nap yesterday.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dedicated part of my day to this holiday!

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 619 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post