SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sink hole suggestions sought
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sink hole suggestions sought Login/Join 
posted
Replaced a 20-year old kitchen faucet that had a separate sprayer with a new one with integral pull out sprayer so I now have a 1.5” diameter empty hole in the sink. Before covering it with a round plate, wanted to see if anybody has any ideas for useful sink additions that could fill up the hole?

I’ve considered and rejected the following so far: (1) instant hot water as we already have that installed, (2) pump for liquid soap as the instant hot water boiler partly intrudes on the space under the empty hole plus the wife already has a liquid soap pump bottle that sits on the countertop, (3) bud vase that you can buy to fit in a sink hole (why???), and (4) a vertical shaft that could hold a roll of paper towels as it would be right at the basin’s edge and likely to get frequently splashed with water and who wants wet towels? Did an online search for stainless cup holders that might fit, but all I could find were ones with bases larger than 1.5” designed for pool tables, boat decks, auto cupholders, etc.

So if anyone has any innovative ideas, thanks.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I put a soap dispenser there with dish detergent in it. I too have a stand alone soap bottle but with hand soap in it.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the faucet purchase included a dish soap pump for the sink, but its undersink storage bottle won’t fit due to the hot water boiler being too close to the empty hole and I can’t relocate the instant hot water without cutting another hole somewhere else in the sink, which defeats my purpose.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Maybe a filtered water dispenser? We have one faucet set up with a RO filtration system like that.

If you don't find a use for it they do make screw on caps. Not the most elegant solution, but it looks better than a gaping hole in the sink.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
this is a different type of "sink hole" than I was expecting when I clicked on this thread.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes a post is really something else. Smile Glad your house didn’t fall in.

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
this is a different type of "sink hole" than I was expecting when I clicked on this thread.

I too was expecting something different.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
You didn't say what kind of sink you have..
If it's a stainless steel one you might consider replacing it. They're not that expensive..
Otherwise I have nothing..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We put a not softened cold water faucet in the hole. Use it mostly for making coffee. Also use the un-softened water for filling canteens etc.

Posts: 76 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL. I considered my title when I posted and figured it was accurate, but not necessarily precise! Wasn’t intended to be clickbait.