SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    sigmonkey ain't dead. (he just smells that way)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sigmonkey ain't dead. (he just smells that way) Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That's some scary stuff right there. Glad you got through it in one piece.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Glad you are back, my friend. Cool

Q

Posts: 26152 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like some of the "Old School" nursing precautions learned on treating pneumonia still work! Antibiotics, rest, fluids, good diet, deep breathing exercises, no laying on back to increase exchange, laying on side to promote drainage...positive mental attitude. Smile (as rat makes note to self to do like sigmonkey should the 'rona hits him).

Posts: 3196 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
You are apparently made of tough stock. Glad you are on the mend. What a rotten 4 weeks.

Posts: 3115 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for not dying Monkey. This place would have gotten a little less interesting.

Get well soon if you are not 100%

The "Boz"

Posts: 1527 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you're on the mend SigMonkey.

Posts: 7511 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very glad to have you back. Missed your posts. Keep up the good work. Be well!

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Welcome back from the edge, sigmonkey. If you're serious about catching up with things, stock up on popcorn.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it through. The DF family and I all got it last month. It turned out to be the flu x 2. Overwhelming fatigue, cold sweats, stiff joints, sore muscles, slight fever, nasal congestion, weakness, weight loss, sleep for 5 days in a row. I wouldn't ask for it again, but it's not worth all that has been done to our culture and liberties.

We were all being careful before. Washed, disinfected, masks, distancing, the whole nine yards. It didn't matter. I can see now that if you've ever had the flu or a cold, you will have this virus eventually. The mask wearing etc. is mostly theater.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29578 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you're back. Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Glad you are on the mend, monkey!

Way to give the grim reaper the finger!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Glad you're better!
Mrs Cockatoo had it. Had her bedridden for over a week.
Me, just 3 days.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39713 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe this will help also Monkey:

https://www.evms.edu/media/evm...OVID-19_Protocol.pdf

Posts: 12516 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm happy you and yours are okay.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks for giving a thorough and thoroughly scary report, sigmonkey.

Posts: 18000 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Had it at the end of January.

ER Dr. thought it was bronchitis, then pneumonia.

Treated me for both. Only the steroids and albuterol helped.

Took MONTHS to get over it and I still have a cough.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34063 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Wow!! Good grief!!
Well, I'm glad you're doing better now, sigmonkey!!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry Brother for the CHINESE FUCKING FLU. Glad you are well.

Sorry for the cat.......no living thing on this earth deserves to be burned to death. Besides my old lady, my cats are my best friends.

Positive thoughts for you and yours.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back sigmonkey. Heal up with a little Jewish penicillin or plain chicken broth might help ya. They always taste good when I’m sick.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are on the mend, sigmonkey.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1924 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post