SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    sigmonkey ain't dead. (he just smells that way)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sigmonkey ain't dead. (he just smells that way) Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
welcome back,

glad to hear you told 'Rona to fuk off

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10403 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Welcome backies sigmonkey. In the future, if you feel these symptoms coming on, keep on hand real elderberry extract. Use it early on along with the C. Also, even though you aren't hungry, you must eat somethings small and healthy to keep up your resistance. Believe I too have been through this virus in February and March. Stay healthy sir.

Posts: 17888 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Glad you're on the mend, sigmonkey.
That virus is no joke and while most people get past it, others don't fare nearly as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mod29,

Posts: 1778 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Glad you are getting better buddy. Sorry to hear of the calamity in Or. for your daughter and friends.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19079 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear from you, that your doing better, and as a side note what "monkey isn't cool"? Wink

Posts: 3688 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:... Any sort of clue on how you were exposed?...

Well, I talked with ArtieS on the phone two days before... Arrest him.

I have (bestest) friends down in Ft. Walton Beach. They had a young man stay with them for a few weeks.

He is a recent seminary grad and was doing some "mission/outreach" down on the Island, Destin, etc.

The hubby had it, but also has afib, so he did not realize that it was the WuHuFlu at the time.

We had a few meals together, so we are pretty certain that was the way we all came by it.
The hubby kicked it without medical intervention, his wife got the 'monia and had to go the rounds I did. She is better.

My immune system is very hyper, so I either do not get sick, or get real sick and then kick it very fast, unless I just get really sick fast and have to go see the vet.

Last time I had any illness (even a cold) was back H1N1 in 2011, (tested positive) as it was still a thing after the 2009 outbreak. It was worse then the 'rona. I was 104 fever for about 5 days, and do not remember much of those days. I thought I was sick for about a week, but when I was talking with the Xmonkey, she said it was over 2 weeks and that I slept most of that time away.

Oh, and the did give me the 'rona test.

The nurse hit my pituitary gland, I instantly grew several inches and told her, I admitted I was the shooter on the grassy knoll!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43778 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
All that is a lot to digest. In the end, I'm glad you're on the mend.

I've missed your smartass, but wisdom filled posts.

#MonkeyStrong.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20726 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Great karma but PLEASE - DO NOT include me. Big Grin

Glad to hear you're on the mend and doing better.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14018 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am really glad you came through it. A few weeks ago one of my aunts and an uncle got it and they both ended up in intensive care. My aunt was buried Sunday and my uncle is back home now, but is in a wheel chair and on oxygen. They were in their mid 70s.

Posts: 12516 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you'd been hit with the crud.

Glad you had good medical care, and happy you're back with us.

Posts: 14995 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
You were gone? Didn’t notice.

Glad you’re doing better, be careful, there are reports that some people have had a second bout, they thought they had gotten over it and it slammed them again.

Posts: 12166 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Good lord, Monkey! I think we talked the day before you went bananas.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12737 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you're ok and hope your daughter and her kids get through their ordeal swiftly.

Posts: 10784 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness you are still with us, my friend!!!

That was quite an experience.

So glad you survived it.

Would not be the same without you Smile

Cheers for Supermonkey!

Posts: 4915 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Monkey I am glad you are doing better and that your daughter and family are safe.

You said your computer died - I have several Macs (a couple Mac minis and soon a 2017 MacBook Air to be turned in for upgrade from an employee) available for extended or permanent usage. PM me if interested.

JB

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I am very thankful you are returned to health Monkey. It is good to have you back among us.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you are on the mend! But... When you noted 24K a year in permanent alimony, that scared me worse than the Whoo Hoo Floo!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15974 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Good thing you didn’t do the Banana Split. Eek

I realized a few days ago that I hadn’t seen you posting lately.

Since you’re on my most favorite favoritist list of posters I did a search and saw where it’s been a while since you last posted, was a bit concerned and figured you might be vacationing or hit the lottery, or a hawt redhead had you tied up, so I figured I’d follow up again in a few more days.

I’m glad to see you’re still alive and on the mend.

A new prayer for you, may God Bless you.

Posts: 11806 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Prayers all around and glad you're feeling better, monkey.

Posts: 3435 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:... I have several Macs (a couple Mac minis and soon a 2017 MacBook Air to be turned in for upgrade from an employee) available for extended or permanent usage.

Thanks Jim, for the kind offer.

Bought the laptop in October, (Acer), their "remedy" was send it in, would not just send me an imaged drive, so that is why it has been so long without it (and not getting it to them for almost two weeks, cuz, floo...) Got an email today it is ready to be sent back.

Regardidng the "second round of the covid", as i was told, a lot of folks get to feeling better after initial treatment, but then a secondary and deeper pneumonia often sets in, and after being weakened, some folks nosedive.

Doc and nurse told me to keep air moving in the house, especially in bed, do not sleep on my back as the lower lungs get compressed and can push crap lower where it is hard for the body to get it moved back up and out. Also I started doing series of deep full breaths, hold for 5 seconds, then fully exhale, and on the sixth, exhaled hard as a cough, then after doing that several times, lie down face down and breath slow and full breaths for a few minutes. Walk several times a day, and try to limit sleep to about 7-8 hours max and get sunshine once a day for about 20 minutes for Vitamin D.

So, I have been doing that, and staying active. Pretty certain I am as out of the woods, as one can be.

So many bananas, so few monkeys. Gotta do my part.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43778 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post