SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Escaped prisoners sneak back in – with whiskey
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Escaped prisoners sneak back in – with whiskey Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I got a chuckle out of this. Gotta have some Whiskey – and Facebook for prison selfies!

“Four inmates, who found a way to turn their incarceration at a prison in Texas into a revolving door for alcohol and cellphones, were caught returning to the facility holding the illegal items.

Acting on multiple reports that prisoners were sneaking out and back in to the Federal Prison Complex in Beaumont, Texas, U.S. marshals and sheriff's deputies tracked the inmates. 

A spokesperson for the sheriff's office told NBC News that the law enforcement agencies were waiting for them to return to the prison Friday night.

After exiting the prison grounds, they were spotted cutting through a neighboring ranch. When marshals placed the four men in custody they were carrying bags of contraband, including whiskey and cellphones NBC News said…”

https://mol.im/a/7576681

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, it's more like they were out on a work pass than escaping.

It's good to see them using their time in prison to learn valuable career skills.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Whiskey and cellphones- last call for alcohol?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ball and chain...... though shaking the tree wasn't that good either?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Colonel Klink is going to the eastern front over this.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
They had it good in that country club prison. Now they just screwed themselves into a likely medium security, get pounded in the ass prison. Hope the whiskey was worth it.

...Mmmm, whiskey.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Hope the US Marshalls that caught them had some ICE on hand!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I guess you can only "hoop" so much? Eek

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Sad commentary on the state of prisons/detention centers in this country. But why am I surprised?

In thinking about it, I have to conclude that I am not surprised at all.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post