SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Washing Machine RIP - Appliance Brad???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washing Machine RIP - Appliance Brad??? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
stay away from Samsung appliances, ...

+1

My wife bought Samsung washer and dryer. She hates them so much I've told her I don't care what they cost, the fact we've only have them a couple years, and what it would cost to replace them. She uses them all the time and life's too short for the constant annoyance of poor tools.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that Appliance Brad didn't like anything made by GE. Am I remembering that wrong?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
He likes Anne, but not GE

Yeah, that damn autocorrect gets me from time to time.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I have a Maytag Bravo washer, and as I write this it's broken down. It broke down a few days ago on the same day my dad got sick. I bought it from Lowes along with a 5 year extended warranty. It's only 7 months old and it's already crapped out.

If you ever have to call 1-888-77-LOWES for service, you will literally hold for an hour or more. I've had to call them three times since it broke down. Twice I held for more than an hour and one time for 45 minutes. The repairman that came out says it needs a new control and it's on backorder for at least three months. Three friggin months. Without a washer.

I am currently fighting with Lowes to either fix it in a week , or exchange it for a new one. I've had to escalate that fight to the executive level who I talked to today.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I seem to recall that Appliance Brad didn't like anything made by GE. Am I remembering that wrong?

Brad liked Maytag/Whirlpool/Amana family appliances generally and Speed Queen.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Speed Queen

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:
Speed Queen

The problem for me in regards to Speed Queen is their capacity is a complete joke compared to my Whirlpool cabrio at 4.8 cu feet compared to 3.2-3.5 cu feet for the Speed Queens and why I'd never consider them. i've had my Whirlpool Cabrio's since Jan 2014, and do 4-5 loads per week, every week, and they've never missed a beat and have never had a service call in all 7 years.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The other problem with Speed Queen is the relatively slow spin-out speed. Blue Jeans come out pretty "soppy wet". Other cloths do somewhat better but I wear a lot of jeans.

Posts: 1499 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
The other problem with Speed Queen is the relatively slow spin-out speed. Blue Jeans come out pretty "soppy wet". Other cloths do somewhat better but I wear a lot of jeans.

On the classic series, don’t use permanent press. It spins slower. That might help.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We've had our Whirlpool Cabrio W/D for about 5-6 trouble free years.
Would buy again without issue.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have had excellent luck with Maytag Washer & Dryer going on 8 years, I did have to put a heating element in the dryer.

Posts: 414 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:
Speed Queen

The problem for me in regards to Speed Queen is their capacity is a complete joke compared to my Whirlpool cabrio at 4.8 cu feet compared to 3.2-3.5 cu feet for the Speed Queens and why I'd never consider them. i've had my Whirlpool Cabrio's since Jan 2014, and do 4-5 loads per week, every week, and they've never missed a beat and have never had a service call in all 7 years.

Respectfully Speed Queen holds more laundry by weight then Whirlpool top load. The tub size is only one part. Whirlpool is a good product. Most of the modern He and agitator washers have tubs that hang in the machine by lack of a better word “struts” . Spring loaded, the weight determines the clothes determines load size. The motors are fractional Hp. None of the literature says to fill them up.

Speed Queen uses 3/4 and 1 hp motors mounted from the bottom up. They are made closer too I
the old Maytag’s we (I) grew up with.

Ymmv, size isn’t everything.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post