SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Le Creuset dutch ovens. Worth the money?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Le Creuset dutch ovens. Worth the money? Login/Join 
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
both are nice, but in France the Staub is considered more professional grade vs the La Creuset being more an enthusiast grade.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Short answer no. It’s no worth the money

Lodge makes a great one

Look at zwilling Henkel outlet/clearance and you can get staub products at a reasonable price

I have some of all. The lodge has held up the best with my neglect

All of them will stain with a high acid tomato based cook

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
QVC has 5.25 on sale $219.00 I almost got one the other day

https://www.qvc.com/Le-Creuset...sc=PSCH&qq=mh&TZ=EST

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’ve had good service from the Lodge enameled dutch oven I got as a gift, although it is chinese made, if that matters to the OP.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I ended up getting a 7 quart Staub for a total of $255 shipped from Spain.

This is a present for my parents. I might end up getting the Le Creuset for me wife as she always wanted one.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post