SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Third Worst Movie of ALL Time
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Third Worst Movie of ALL Time Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The world according to Garp

I didn't like both the book and the movie.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Assuming there have to be two worse movies, tied for third -- "Good Will Hunting" and "Avatar".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8336 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Louis Jourdan as the bad guy - a stretch

He played a bad guy in "Year of the Comet" as well, I believe it was his last film. Decent movie, though.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I don't know... Cry Wilderness is pretty bad...so bad that MST3K included it in their latest run...I watched it and it IS BAD!...it mixes Bigfoot with an escaped tiger...what more could you want Big Grin

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126848/

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I actually had a chance to meet Ms. Barbeau years ago. She used to be a regular at a Halloween theme park that used to run in Massachusetts for a few weeks every year. It was a huge farm with a hay wagon that pulled you through the haunted displays, lots of walking actors in costumes, critters and other seasonal scary things.

She was very nice, would talk as long as you wanted - no line ups, no waiting, just walking around hanging with families and kids having a good time.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
A 1974 Sean Connery movie called "Zardoz" gets my vote.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Highlander II.

/thread

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Charcoal Black gets my vote. I actually liked Darby O'Gill. Saw it as a kid though.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 2001 Ice-T was in a movie called Ablaze (http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4021551385) there is the link for the trailer. They cut scenes from other movies to make this flick. There is a chase scene that was taken completely from Striking Distance. I found it in the Walmart 3 dollar DVD bin. After watching it, I considered taking it back...it was that bad.

Posts: 380 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
"The Life Aquatic." Partway through my wife and I looked at each other, jointly said, "What are we doing here?" Got up and left.

I worked at the movies when that came out and I noticed that all the douchey hipsters were obsessed with it. It's one of the few movies I've fallen asleep in.

Tasteless heathen.

Smile

(His movies are an acquired taste, no doubt, but I and many love them)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Manhattan. I hated anything with Woody Allen in it.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Pretty Baby
The Quiet Earth
The Informer
Digital Knights

I can do this all night....

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Hudson Hawk.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Rhinestone. Sly Stallone sings in that POS.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Manos: The Hands of Fate
It was so bad even MST3K had trouble with it.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Attack of the killer tomatoes..look it up
(Watch out, thumperfbc!).

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5317 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
Eyes Wide Shut.

Easily less entertaining than the D list horror films I watched as a teenager.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I have only vague memories of Swamp Thing but those memories do include Adrienne Barbeaux topless in a swamp. So... no way is it the worst movie!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Fahrenheit 451 for my money is the absolute worst movie ever made.

Go ahead. try and watch it. It has no redeeming qualities.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Manos: The Hands of Fate
It was so bad even MST3K had trouble with it.

Winner here.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post