SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Susan Rice now on Netflix Board of Directors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Susan Rice now on Netflix Board of Directors Login/Join 
Picture of Sweet Chuckie
posted
Read yesterday about Susan Rice becoming a member of the Netflix board of directors. After the promos about some probable Obama programs in the future, along with this announcement, decided to cancel Netflix.

Yeah, I know it makes little difference, but I feel better........ Smile

Posts: 250 | Location: White Sulphur Springs, MT | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Eek That's a little drastic isn't it?

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
It's a trivial thing that's not worth fretting over.
She's a leftist, she's connected, she's an African American (there were non on the NFLX board before her) and she's a woman. Those are all highly prized qualifications in silicon valley. I wouldn't be surprised if she got lots of board offers. In the big picture, it's pretty minor.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't say that I give a crap about who is on the board at Netflix. As long as they keep providing entertainment I enjoy for far cheaper than I can pay for cable, I'll stay a customer.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
At least now when she says "it was a reaction to a movie," she might be telling the truth. Wink

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
People like her get put on boards. If you boycott companies with Obama officials on their boards, you might be surprised how long the list it.

And Netflix may well make a movie about Obama - that is hardly surprising, like him or not, he was a public figure.

Don't watch the movie. That seems like the appropriate response. As I have said before, if you don't do business with people you don't agree with politically, you are going to end up living in a cave and bashing squirrels over the head for food. Any product or service you buy will have some connection to a political view with which you don't approve.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
She's pretty used to making up dramatic fictions so this is a pretty good fit.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sweet Chuckie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
People like her get put on boards. If you boycott companies with Obama officials on their boards, you might be surprised how long the list it.

And Netflix may well make a movie about Obama - that is hardly surprising, like him or not, he was a public figure.

Don't watch the movie. That seems like the appropriate response. As I have said before, if you don't do business with people you don't agree with politically, you are going to end up living in a cave and bashing squirrels over the head for food. Any product or service you buy will have some connection to a political view with which you don't approve.

Very well said, jhe888. I appreciate your thoughts, and will reconsider. But I still won't watch Obama's movie....... Smile

Posts: 250 | Location: White Sulphur Springs, MT | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Well, she knows all about internet videos, doesn't she?

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is how they get paid for services rendered.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sweet Chuckie:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Very well said, jhe888. I appreciate your thoughts, and will reconsider. But I still won't watch Obama's movie....... Smile

I'm not boycotting Netflix over this, but just to be clear - Netflix is not in the process of making a movie about Obama, it is in negotiations to give him a platform for him to run shows to push his global agenda.

Obama in Talks to Provide Shows for Netflix

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
And just how is this nitwit qualified to sit on the board of Netflix (or really any company for that matter)? I'm thinking a more appropriate place for her might be in a federal pen.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Meh...no big deal.

Rice is a total idiot and hasn't an original thought in that mush of gray matter she thinks is a brain.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
The "Obama" channel will be the last straw.
I don't need Netflix, most of the stuff I watch on there (Netflix produced) is nothing but a long, low budget, TV show,many wasted hours watching this content. I have Amazon Prime same thing different company.
I don't like feeding the enemy.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it is a small thing, but I am still cancelling. It will send a small message.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You guys won't have a damn thing to watch, wear, drive or eat if you start down this road of "boycotting" companies with liberals on them.

How many of you have iPhones? Time to throw them out! Apple is 100% certified liberal-kook-run.

See how silly this is?

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]Rice is a total idiot and hasn't an original thought in that mush of gray matter she thinks is a brain.[/quote

Sounds like a payoff from a "favor" to NFLX at one time. You don't have to rally know anything about a company to be on the BoD.
When Harry Truman left the WH he got offers to be on BoD's also,and turned them done saying they didn't want me but only my image.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apple is 100% certified liberal-kook-run.

True, but at least they are capitalists and admit it. Inside every productive liberal is a capitalist trying to get out. Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post