SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Officer involved in shooting, has panic attack
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Officer involved in shooting, has panic attack Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
I would suggest the title of this thread is misleading. This was an Officer having some type of mental breakdown AND then discharging his weapon. It’s not unheard of for an Officer to go into some type of shock after being forced to legally take a life in the course of duty. Either way, it’s time for this Officer to move onto another career.

Reading Bama's previous post about the issues the deputy was having it seems odd that he managed to stay on the job. This wasn't the first time he's had a "breakdown".

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
I would suggest the title of this thread is misleading. This was an Officer having some type of mental breakdown AND then discharging his weapon. It’s not unheard of for an Officer to go into some type of shock after being forced to legally take a life in the course of duty. Either way, it’s time for this Officer to move onto another career.

OK. I can accept that. Policing can obviously be high stress. Inevitably some people will snap. Now, can someone explain the legal charges brought by the prosecutor against the guy with a cell phone at whom the officer was shooting?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Not often do I see cops fire without warning, then run from whatever he was shooting at while making the EMTs arrest his suspect.

Strange.

WTF?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Wow. What a shit show. This guy shouldn't be a Cop.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
There are several things in this story that are mind boggling but the one that stands out the most to me is that this officer’s current agency didn’t know he was a cop elsewhere. That’s incredible.

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post