SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia's governor's race is coming up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia's governor's race is coming up Login/Join 
posted
Primaries this June, election in November. It's important that a democrat doesn't win. I plan to help where I can with a donation. Newt has endorsed Gillespie. Is he the best GOP candidate?
Many are saying this is an el cation about Trump and I would agree.

For those of you in Virginia what are our chances of pulling this off?

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Please, just dump McAwful...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
McAwful has to go. VA prohibits governors from succeeding themselves. He can come back in 4 years. But by then the Clinton machine that got him in office will hopefully be in the scrapheap of history.

No, the two hopes are getting a conservative that can handle the far left's personal attacks AND make that third party libertarian in the hills stop running and drawing votes away from the Republican candidates.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure it's going to be Gillespie vs a Jack ass. Likely the Jack ass will win, thanks to my neighbors in NoVa.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Gillespie almost beat Mark Warner for a VA senate seat in 2014. Warner won by 18,000 votes out of over 2 million votes cast.

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
What's Gillespie done for the last bunch of years except be a lobbyist?

Corey Stewart, PW County Supervisor, is very pro 2A, tough on illegal immigration.
Got our county CHP fees reduced from $50 to $15 (wanted to eliminate them but the law didn't allow it). Recently did an AR-15 giveaway.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
In my opinion Gillespie is part of the GOPe.

Stewart is who I'm seriously considering.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Please, just dump McAwful...

I don't think McAwful is eligible again.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Primaries this June, election in November. It's important that a democrat doesn't win. I plan to help where I can with a donation. Newt has endorsed Gillespie. Is he the best GOP candidate?
Many are saying this is an el cation about Trump and I would agree.

For those of you in Virginia what are our chances of pulling this off?

Given the 3 northern counties here, I suspect the decision will go to another leftist asshole like mcawful.

Last election the republican was winning until all those ballots from those 3 northern counties started showing up.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
In my opinion Gillespie is part of the GOPe.

Stewart is who I'm seriously considering.

Yeah, I will vote for Stewart.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I agree with Jesse (@Skins2881). If it weren't for the infiltration by communists in the northern reaches of the Old Dominion, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

McAwful would never have been elected and his ilk would be halted at the banks of the Potomac.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends on if the Libertarian guy runs (sarvis?).

I'm sure everyone on the left will be DYING to make this election a referendum on Trump when in reality, Virginia is a purple state that has been turning bluer every year.

Bob McDonnell is the only Republican to win a statewide election in over a decade...

Back in the day, having a Democrat in office in Va wasn't a huge deal because they were super conservative democrats (pro 2a especially) but since the left has purged all of those people from the party, the chance of getting someone like that again is slim to none.

I still really hope the Republican can pull it off but don't let anyone make you believe this is a referendum on Trump if the Dems win. It's just the state continuing down the path it is on.

Now, if whoever runs on the Republican ticket wins, that would be a pretty big turnaround.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll save my $ for a different worthy cause.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
Now, if whoever runs on the Republican ticket wins, that would be a pretty big turnaround.

OhPleaseOhPleaseOhPlease!

We definitely don't need another Democrat in office, despite what the bulk of the NoVa people think.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To be honest, neither famous mr ed, or virulent mrs stewart really seem all that great. Stewart runs around face book, and mr ed doed his famous horse trick. I dont know what more to say. Imho, either could ve just as bad politically for the virginia repubs as corrupt terry lets funnel money to the clintons mcauliff.

I really wish we had better choices.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The hell with Gillespie. Find a conservative on fiscal issues.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
It depends on if the Libertarian guy runs (sarvis?).

THAT GUY! He has done more to fuck up VA politics since I moved here in 2010 than I've seen since Perot in '92.

The VA Repubs need to put that guy on an all expense paid slow boat cruise around the world this year. Otherwise he will pull enough votes from the right that who ever the Dems send up will walk into the Governor's Mansion again.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post