SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Backlash Against The NRA
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backlash Against The NRA Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Piss off a liberal....tell them that while Delta and other may have cut ties with the NRA you can still fly with your gun and even your AR-15. Just saying its fun to watch their reaction.....

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Piss off a liberal....tell them that while Delta and other may have cut ties with the NRA you can still fly with your gun and even your AR-15. Just saying its fun to watch their reaction.....

I'm not sure we even want to bring that up. They will start protesting to change that.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
My backlash has been to upgrade my life membership from Endowment to Patron.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Delta will be disarming their pilots to show that are sincere in their stance against guns.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I just read the REI release. It's worse than I thought. They don't even sell guns, but they are cutting ties with a large supplier because that supplier has a division that makes guns sold through other stores.

"REI does not sell guns. We believe that it is the job of companies that manufacture and sell guns and ammunition to work towards common sense solutions that prevent the type of violence that happened in Florida last month. In the last few days, we’ve seen such action from companies like Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart and we applaud their leadership.

This week, we have been in active discussions with Vista Outdoor, which has recently acquired several companies that are longtime partners of REI. These include Giro, Bell, Camelbak, Camp Chef and Blackburn. Vista also owns Savage Arms, which manufactures guns including “modern sporting rifles.”

This morning we learned that Vista does not plan to make a public statement that outlines a clear plan of action. As a result, we have decided to place a hold on future orders of products that Vista sells through REI while we assess how Vista proceeds.

Companies are showing they can contribute if they are willing to lead. We encourage Vista to do just that."

I don't think they can claim they are just being neutral and staying out of the politics.

REI is dead to me.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I plan to continue to use REI. I plan to still go to their stores and try on the latest stuff. And then go home and buy it online from someone who isn't overtly anti-gun.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I just read the REI release. It's worse than I thought. They don't even sell guns, but they are cutting ties with a large supplier because that supplier has a division that makes guns sold through other stores.

"REI does not sell guns. We believe that it is the job of companies that manufacture and sell guns and ammunition to work towards common sense solutions that prevent the type of violence that happened in Florida last month. In the last few days, we’ve seen such action from companies like Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart and we applaud their leadership.

This week, we have been in active discussions with Vista Outdoor, which has recently acquired several companies that are longtime partners of REI. These include Giro, Bell, Camelbak, Camp Chef and Blackburn. Vista also owns Savage Arms, which manufactures guns including “modern sporting rifles.”

This morning we learned that Vista does not plan to make a public statement that outlines a clear plan of action. As a result, we have decided to place a hold on future orders of products that Vista sells through REI while we assess how Vista proceeds.

Companies are showing they can contribute if they are willing to lead. We encourage Vista to do just that."

I don't think they can claim they are just being neutral and staying out of the politics.

REI is dead to me.

That pisses me off as a long time customer. I was just about to order new boots and other stuff from them as well. Instead of my order they're going to get a screenshot of my $500 some dollar shopping cart from their site and a letter explaining why I'll be ordering those items elsewhere.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
I wonder if Delta will be disarming their pilots to show that are sincere in their stance against guns.

And refuse to allow air marshals.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:

REI is dead to me.
What the heck does that mean?

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:
quote:

REI is dead to me.

means they think they (REI) have enough buying power to dictate how Vista does business,

not sure how big REI is nationwide, but betting Vista makes much more money selling Savage's and the other offensive (to REI ) products to other retailers than they do to REI

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:
quote:

REI is dead to me.

It means they were going out of their way to make this statement. Very convoluted way to make a connection here. Why would a company make a statement? Fuck sell me a good product and do it in a friendly helpful manner.

I've said it before as someone who has shopped there for over 30 years they can suck it. I have probably been in their stores over a dozen times in the last year. I will still go in to check out gear but will not buy from them. My dividend is doing the NRA. I will just ask for a check from REI.

I used to consider them one of the best outdoor retailers with helpful staff. They seem to think hikers/campers/climbers are all anti-gun and gun owners wouldn't shop there. Heck, read the comments on their FB pages. Lots of negative stuff and others that don't understand why hunters/shooters would shop there. Some people are really out of touch with reality. I want good gear. It doesn't have to be hunting or tactical in nature. Just has to fit my needs.

Last years I spent more days backpacking then shooting but this shit REI is pulling is the end.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My message to REI:

I cannot imagine what in the world possessed you to unnecessarily deliberately annoy gun-owners, many of whom are outdoorspeople <smh> I don't often shop at REI, so it's not a lot to me. I just can't get my head around the stupid.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
My message to REI:

I cannot imagine what in the world possessed you to unnecessarily deliberately annoy gun-owners, many of whom are outdoorspeople <smh> I don't often shop at REI, so it's not a lot to me. I just can't get my head around the stupid.

Interestingly enough, from my friends and you Guys it seems that REI will be about $25k light this year....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
REI: Retarding Everyone's Intelligence

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Wells Fargo Is the Go-To Bank for Gunmakers and the NRA

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...gunmaker-debt-market

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Wells Fargo Is the Go-To Bank for Gunmakers and the NRA

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...gunmaker-debt-market

After all the account fraud that’s gone at Wells Fargo, NO. THANK. YOU.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
REI members with dividends. You can request a check instead of using it for REI purchases. I have never done this before but will be this year and putting it towards an NRA membership.

https://www.rei.com/membership/request-a-check

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I just joined for 5 years. It’s only $100 right now. Gonna talk to the wife about joining tonight and a friend joined for the first time last week.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The Board of Directors reappointed Wayne LaPierre. Get your check books out, the man needs some new $5000 suits, vacations in villas on Lake Como....

https://www.usnews.com/news/to...utive-vice-president

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
The NRA is about as tone deaf as our current administration. Would have been really easy to do the right thing, but no….

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post