SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Backlash Against The NRA
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backlash Against The NRA Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
In the wake of the recent Florida school shooting, it seems that there is all kinds of backlash springing up against the NRA.

I did not have my hearing aids on this morning so could not hear any TV sound when I passed through the room where my wife was getting dressed for her first appointment today, but the crawler at the bottom of the screen on the CBS morning program said something about "Guns In America."

In another thread it was mentioned that the Enterprise car rental company has withdrawn discounts for NRA members.

The usual suspects (Nancy Pelosi and cohorts) are ranting and raving about the NRA.

Question: was the shooter even an NRA member? I have not seen anything to indicate that he was. If he was not, as I suspect is the case, why the backlash against the NRA? Other than the usual total lack of logic.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Forks make people fat. So they are angry at the forks. It's liberal logic. Rational people don't understand the concept, but it makes sense to them.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
It's an emotional outburst rippling from broken individuals who blame people like us for the deaths of shooting victims.

They can't logically argue against 2A-RKBA so instead the NRA is demonized because it is the most visible organization pushing back against their tantrum.

It's human nature.

Personally, I'm pissed off at the NRA for compromising.

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

Compromising on what?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
he was not, as I suspect is the case, why the backlash against the NRA?

Not a member as far as I know.

The backlash is obvious > the liberal are connecting the dots to anything regarding firearms.
So anything goes as far as they are concerned.
Doesn't have to make sense, doesn't have to be true, doesn't have to be relevant.
It's just a mechanism for the left to destroy the second amendment, plain and simple.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
you have to remember that liberalism is a mental defect and a character flaw

the fact that they're misplaced concepts is easy to understand

the problem is that they're the ONLY ones getting the airplay

IGNORE the media and have a much better life

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
The First National Bank of Omaha is dumping the NRA credit card too.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...28d8e4b00804dfe6b90d

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Compromising on what?

They support the bumpstock ban, the old and wrong concept of "sporting purposes". They go way back on this bullshit. Look it up. But but, they are the 800 pound gorilla, I know, but they continuously disappoint me. Let's see what they tell the president they approve of banning next.

I don't want to derail this thread. I apologize for my ADD.

The liberal backlash IS classic hysteria. I concede that point without hesitation.

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Compromising on what?

They support the bumpstock ban, the old and wrong concept of "sporting purposes".

They've never supported a ban on anything.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
It's almost as if the narrative and the agenda were set in motion and pushed before we knew a lot of pertinent facts. Imagine that!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Well, they just convinced me to join the Money Bomb the NRA on 3/24! initiative.

Good going, gun-grabbing leftist loons. Good going.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:

Every firearm owner should dump that bank and move their money elsewhere.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I just read that Enterprise Rent-A-Car is stopping NRA member discounts cause of the backlash

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hmmm...

Now I am perplexed. I have this card, would love to cancel it and let them know why but doing so would negatively effect my credit rating.

On the bright side, I have a zero balance and don't use it so they haven't made a nickel off of me.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news...nnounces-ben-shapiro

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Compromising on what?

They support the bumpstock ban, the old and wrong concept of "sporting purposes".

They've never supported a ban on anything.

I don't believe the NRA said to "BAN" bump stocks either.
Seems that there are sooooo many people gullible to believe the MSM.
Even Trump said they should "look" at the legality of it.
If it passes legality (which it will) they can do nothing until a law is passed...am I correct?

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:

Hmmm...

Now I am perplexed. I have this card, would love to cancel it and let them know why but doing so would negatively effect my credit rating.

On the bright side, I have a zero balance and don't use it so they haven't made a nickel off of me.

Use the card to buy a couple of ARs and THEN cancel it. Wink

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Does all this talk from the left make it perfectly clear which gun rights organization has the most clout, and is the most feared by them?

Please if your not a member join...if you are already a member, join in donating on 3/24/18.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I loathe the NRA constant bombardment (as I do when I made political contributions), as I am already in your court, hounding me after the fact to support you when I willingly choose to support you irritates the piss out of me.

That said. They are working on behalf of the many who love the 2nd.

They are not our enemy. sort of reminds me of something in the Christian bible.

Mark 9:38-41
And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
For he that is not against us is on our part.

I also see several things in the NRA as it seems to have "grown muscle" in the past year, and likely can be a very powerful lobby with loud voice on other things we hold dear.

They are more than a "rifle" support, (as in the old "I hunt, so I support the 2nd") and more about supporting the 2nd in its proper meaning.

So, I am going to help make it rain. Tomorrow, as I want the number of donations on that day to be part of the count.

Seems the left are about noise, and imagery, and numbers and such.

The old "United we stand" bit. I want to be part of that.

We have opportunity to push the piles of lies and bullshit scattered over so many institutions in the nation, back in a giant pile to the leftist's court.

Push back, hard and continually.

At every opportunity.

The rights we have by birth are ours to lose, not theirs to take away.

I refuse to lose gracefully.

I am a bad sport.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post