SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Backlash Against The NRA
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backlash Against The NRA Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
After several years, I re-upped with the NRA just today.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
He hits the nail on the head.

Warren Buffet on mixing business with personal beliefs:

"I don't believe in imposing my views on 370,000 employees and a million shareholders. I'm not their nanny on that"

Link to CNBC story

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
"It's very possible that you are an investor in the major gunmakers."

Not quite yet, but calling my broker to put some of my 401k into Ruger.

What really bothers me about the media is the constant reference to politicians being bought by the donations from the NRA.
They don't get it.
IMO, It's the votes from NRA members that are the power not the donations.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
NRA Statement on Corporate Partnerships:

"FAIRFAX, VA – The more than five million law-abiding members of the National Rifle Association have enjoyed discounts and cost-saving programs from many American corporations that have partnered with the NRA to expand member benefits.

Since the tragedy in Parkland, Florida, a number of companies have decided to sever their relationshipwith the NRA, in an effort to punish our members who are doctors, farmers, law enforcement officers, fire fighters, nurses, shop owners and school teachers that live in every American community. We are men and women who represent every American ethnic group, every one of the world’s religions and every form of political commitment.

The law-abiding members of the NRA had nothing at all to do with the failure of that school’s security preparedness, the failure of America’s mental health system, the failure of the National Instant Check System or the cruel failures of both federal and local law enforcement.

Despite that, some corporations have decided to punish NRA membership in a shameful display of political and civic cowardice. In time, these brands will be replaced by others who recognize that patriotism and determined commitment to Constitutional freedoms are characteristics of a marketplace they very much want to serve.

Let it be absolutely clear. The loss of a discount will neither scare nor distract one single NRA member from our mission to stand and defend the individual freedoms that have always made America the greatest nation in the world."

https://www.nraila.org/article...rporate-partnerships

I'm proud of Wayne LaPierre, Chris Cox, and all of the leadership group at the NRA. I'm proud to be a member of an organization that will stand firm for my rights. I could give a shit about a rental car discount.
Also, Ben Shapiro nails it (p.3 of this thread) as does Dan Bongino.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
My 69 year old mom called me yesterday to let me know she just bought a 3 year membership to the NRA. She's not a gun owner but she believes in the 2A.

Kind of interesting that this talk motivated her to do that.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone actually join the NRA for the discounts?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:

Nope. Never used 'em, either.

But I have declined membership in AARP for their anti-RKBA stance, regardless of the benefits membership offers.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I have asked myself to "rethink" my attitude on the NRA "emails, letters and phone calls" to members and have realized I am out of line.

Considering what the left does in continual bombardment of deceit, lies and efforts to enslave free people, it is a small thing to have the NRA "bother me", given all the good they do on my behalf.

I will no more piss or moan about the contact, and may remind myself, that it is like the little green LED on my smoke detector that sometimes wakes me, but it is a reminder that it is standing fire watch for me.

(my eyes will be open while I sleep at certain times, and the LED will cause me to wake)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:

Nope. Never used 'em, either.

But I have declined membership in AARP for their anti-RKBA stance, regardless of the benefits membership offers.

This for me as well. I simply could not stomach AARP's stance on issues that are important to me.

The NRA IS NOT perfect, but it is miles ahead of other pro-2A groups.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I just donated $50. I may buy some memberships for some family members on the 3/24.

This backlash seems orchestrated.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I just donated $50. I may buy some memberships for some family members on the 3/24.

This backlash seems orchestrated.

All of it is orchestrated.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
From what I'm hearing, FedEx is apparently sticking by the NRA.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like others here, I didn't join the NRA for a discount, but I'll be happy to never do business again with those companies who are turning their back on the NRA and its members.

I'm also going to make it a point to donate to the NRA annually on my birthday from now on, at the very least.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
So let me get this straight...

The corrupt alt-left is in some kind of backlash mode against the NRA because they think the NRA is responsible for the killing of these kids in Florida. I'm just wondering when we're gonna hear the backlash from the same corrupt alt-left against Planned Parenthood for the murder of 900 babies per day. Just wondering, because yuh know...it's for the chirrun.**

** Heard this on the Sam Malone show this morning...KNTH 1070 on your AM dial.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, ironic isn't it? These democrats and leftist bastards blame the NRA for the death of school children, yet they fully support and prop up Planned Parenthood whose mission is to actually murder babies.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
If the NRA were as powerful as these people believe, we'd have machine guns in vending machines.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
If the NRA were as powerful as these people believe, we'd have machine guns in vending machines.

Maybe they aren't, but what is your alternative? Progressives are united and organized, which is why you are seeing companies bail. Meanwhile, conservatives are spread out all over the map eating our own.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

Maybe they aren't, but what is your alternative? Progressives are united and organized, which is why you are seeing companies bail. Meanwhile, conservatives are spread out all over the map eating our own.

I think zoom's comment was meant to express how absurd and pointless these retarded boycotts are.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

I think zoom's comment was meant to express how absurd and pointless these retarded boycotts are.

I agree with that.

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction Wink

Georgia conservatives are attempting to derail a jet fuel tax break that the state government was set to hand out to Delta Airlines after the company cut ties with the NRA in the wake of the Parkland, Florida, school shooting.

Atlanta-based Delta was set to get a $40 million per year tax break on jet fuel from the Georgia legislature, something establishment Chamber of Commerce-backed GOP Gov. Nathan Deal supports handing out. But when Delta yanked its relationship with the NRA after the Parkland shooting, conservatives in Georgia have risen up against the airline’s efforts to procure this big government handout.

“I decided to take action against Delta and the way they align with the left in going after the NRA and its members,” Debbie Dooley, an influential Atlanta-based Tea Party leader, told Breitbart News Sunday on SiriusXM Patriot Channel 125. “Donald Trump tweeted out something I will always remember. I think it was in 2015. He said when somebody challenges you unfairly, fight back. Be brutal. Be tough. That is what we’re going to have to be to fight for his agenda and to fight for the Second Amendment. If you’re in Georgia, I found out that Delta Airlines is asking for a $40 million per year tax break on jet fuel, and I realize the best way that we can be effective and the best way we can combat the boycotts and threats of the left is to hit them. Go after their subsidies. Go after their tax breaks that they’re receiving on the state level, and take it away from them. If we’re successful in stopping Delta’s tax subsidies, we will have cost them $200 million in five years. I think that’s something that’s important that we replicate in other states.”

In response, Dooley—a key organizer on the right with top conservatives nationally and in Georgia—sent out an email to thousands of conservatives across Georgia, imploring Republicans in the state legislature and the governor and lieutenant governor to stand up for the Second Amendment and Constitution of the United States against Delta by blocking the subsidy.

“We can have an impact,” Dooley told Breitbart News Sunday, imploring conservatives across Georgia and around the United States to step up and get involved. “There was some Democrats in Clayton County, which is one of the poorer counties in Georgia, that would be negatively impacted if Delta did not have to pay $40 million in gasoline tax. You’re talking about the county schools in Clayton County, the County government. So you already have Democrats opposing this. I just felt this is the best way to have an immediate impact, and we’re going after them. It was smooth sailing. I found out about it and sent out an email yesterday afternoon—I think it was about 2:20. And boy, all heck broke loose after I sent the email out. The email went out to 10,000 hard-core activists in Georgia, and the email went to the state legislators. It also went to the business community in Georgia. And Delta then began to realize what they had done, and they started trying to say—their chief lobbyist sent out a tweet saying Delta was not trying to attack the Second Amendment: ‘We’re pro-Second Amendment. We were just trying to be neutral.’”

David Werner, a former staffer for Gov. Deal who is now a Delta lobbyist, is the one who made the statement falsely claiming that the airline does support the Second Amendment and the Constitution of the United States:

That comment from Werner is obviously a lie, however, since Delta did take a stand against the Second Amendment and the United States Constitution by cutting its ties with the NRA. In fact, Delta’s own statement on its own website admits it was a political decision to cut ties with the NRA.

“Delta informed the National Rifle Association Saturday that the airline will end its contract for discounted fares for travel to the association’s 2018 annual meeting. The company requested that the NRA remove Delta’s information from its meeting website.

Delta’s decision reflects the airline’s neutral status in the current national debate over gun control amid recent school shootings. Out of respect for our customers and employees on both sides, Delta has taken this action to refrain from entering this debate and focus on its business. Delta continues to support the 2nd Amendment. This is not the first time Delta has withdrawn support over a politically and emotionally charged issue. Last year, Delta withdrew its sponsorship of a theater that staged a graphic interpretation of “Julius Caesar” depicting the assassination of President Trump. Delta supports all of its customers but will not support organizations on any side of any highly charged political issue that divides our nation.

Dooley noted that there are consequences for Delta’s decisions to engage in extremist political actions against the NRA and the Second Amendment. Until Delta withdraws its attacks on the Constitution and reinstates its relationship with the NRA, Dooley says, it is unlikely that any Republicans in the Georgia State Senate could in good conscience give it this tax break.

“Up until Delta sent out that tweet, Gov. Deal’s former counsel—his attorney—went to be a lobbyist, left the governor’s office, and was hired by Delta to be a lobbyist to push this through,” Dooley said. “They attached it to a tax reform bill. It sailed through the House, and it was in the Senate. Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle, who is running for governor, was guiding it through the Senate. Delta was prodding him to rush it up, to go through and waive the rules in the Senate so they could go ahead and vote on it. Well, we now know why they were doing that; they knew what they were going to do about the NRA. There’s a state senator named Michael Williams, a big Trump guy—he was the Trump campaign guy in Georgia, the campaign chairman, and he stood up and he said no. He stopped them from doing that. He and a hard-core group of conservative senators after all this broke, after my email went out, are trying to put pressure on Lt. Gov. Cagle to recommit the tax cut bill to the Senate Finance Committee so they can amend it and remove Delta’s tax cut. We need to put pressure on Gov. Deal and Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle and people’s state senators and let them know that a vote for this corporate subsidy is a vote against our Second Amendment rights and against the NRA.”

Dooley said she “laughed at” Delta’s statement, too. It remains to be seen when the vote may happen, but it is heating up in Georgia’s statehouse right now.

“Delta is going to push for their tax breaks, and they are not going to back down,” Dooley said. “This is a fight we can win. This is a stand in Georgia we can take that will send a warning shot to other major corporations that says, ‘Don’t even think about doing this because we’re coming for you if you do. And we’re going to hurt, hit you so hard in your pocketbook that you’re going to think twice about it because we’re going to take away your corporate giveaways.’”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...rline-cuts-nra-ties/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post