SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Backlash Against The NRA
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backlash Against The NRA Login/Join 
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Enterprise, Alamo, and National are getting pounded by gun owners on their Facebook page.

Enterprise:
https://www.facebook.com/Enter...ts/10155265832982555

Alamo:
https://www.facebook.com/Alamo...ts/10156085136114437

National:
https://www.facebook.com/Natio...5/10152447270415916/

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
If you are a major bank exec you live in a city, have a good tan, know how to order a bottle of wine and you're good with numbers. You believe data but it's likely and can be proven again and again they really don't know how the data is compiled.

Additionally, big bank, city, wine etc. it is very likely that you don't know anyone that owns a gun, maybe one guy, that guy, who hunted with his grandfather in the Ohio woods before he went to Choate, but you are disconnected from gun owners that you probably think are a rara avis. If gun owners were everywhere you would know one wouldn't you?

How many gun owners are there in good al' America? 50,000,000? 100,000,000? or as the x-man would say, 20,000 million? And you want to cut your self off from that market? Your wife is going to tell you that your fucking nuts and get back to work and change your new policy before you have to move into a regular neighborhood.
You don't want to cater to gun-owners? fine. I don't care, a lot. Target me, vilify me, marginalize me, that's different.

I was on the forum that night the long-time much honored gun writer (Dumbo? Trumbo?) opined from a hunting camp that ARs shouldn't be allowed in the woods and fields, that 'real' hunters would always shoot with highly polished blue steel and french walnut. As I recall I watched that shit show all night and by Sunday morning the guy was not only out of a job he was out of a career. there have been others since that crap in their nest and the result is always pretty quick right up until now with the x-man and the vest dude.

Gun-guys seem to be of a vengeful, Sicillian bent. 100,000,000 gun owners, and you want to piss off 10 per-cent of them, 5 per-cent? To signal virtue, for no business reason in the world? Wait for the annual meeting and see what happens, by which time other companies will be hip deep in your business which until now was impenetrable and now is like seals in a fish pen.

Posts: 6358 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of these days the libs will realize that NRA President Pete Brownell is CEO of Brownells, which is 100 miles west of me. It would not surprise me if they push for a boycott of all Brownells products. Yeah, like that's gonna work...

www.brownells.com

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I bet many of these companies that are announcing they are dropping NRA discounts etc are just playing for the free publicity. Politically correct pandering to the SJWs. I expect they won't actually drop any live customers.

If you drop them they will assume you are dropping because of dislike of the NRA... hence agreeing with them, not dissing them. At least thats the way it will be spun. I can see it now, look, we had 3000 customers drop the NRA card this month. That means they are fed up with the NRA and want nothing more to do with it anymore.

Personally, I would hold on to any card I had and force their hand and see if they will actually drop an active customer.

I think they will try straddling the fence.
I could be wrong... Big Grin.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:

You don't want to cater to gun-owners? fine. I don't care, a lot. Target me, vilify me, marginalize me, that's different.

That was pretty much the gist of my email to Delta:

I’m writing to you today to voice my deep disappointment in Delta’s decision to acquiesce to anarchists and leftist agitators by succumbing to threats and intimidation by disassociating itself with the NRA. I am a proud life member of the NRA because I value freedom and the rights recognized in our US Constitution—the bedrocks of what make me an American. The NRA is an organization full of men and women just like me, law abiding Americans who love this country and all the things that make us free as individuals. Your decision to turn your back on us tells me that you have bought into the lies and misinformation perpetuated by the media and those who are feeding them these lies.

I implore you to please rethink your position and not shun the good men and women who make up the NRA by cowering to people who despise individual freedom and the means by which to keep it. I have been a loyal Delta customer for years, but your decision today to disrespect millions of Americans who have absolutely nothing at all to do with criminals who perform heinous acts upon mankind has me earnestly rethinking that loyalty. When you turn your back on the NRA, you are turning your back on me personally.

I hope that my words to you today have adequately expressed my feelings, and that you will at least give them an honest consideration. Honesty, after all, is something that is sorely lacking in our society; a fact that is blatantly evident when we see this type of illogical reaction to those whose only credibility is that they can scream the loudest.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
The First National Bank of Omaha is dumping the NRA credit card too.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...28d8e4b00804dfe6b90d

Hmmm...

Now I am perplexed. I have this card, would love to cancel it and let them know why but doing so would negatively effect my credit rating.

On the bright side, I have a zero balance and don't use it so they haven't made a nickel off of me.

A bit perplexed here, as well.

Not gonna click on the link to that commie rag...

Wondering if this is for real ?

Am paying for my Benefactor membership with this NRA card, which I got last year to further help the NRA.

Just used it to make donations to the PVF and ILA, and was planning to use it for other related purchases later on. Just checked the site, after making the donations and it still says, "NRA." There's nothing about the card being dropped.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The reply I got from Simplisafe and my reply to it.

quote:
If your focus is on helping Americans keep your family safe, why in the hell did you enter a political debate and take a stand against gun owning Americans? That is a far cry from "helping Americans make their home safe" and taking a stand in a political fight that you now are trying to backpedal from. I am the NRA.

On Feb 24, 2018, at 4:41 PM, customer-support@simplisafe.com wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch to let us know your concerns. Home should be the safest place on earth. We respect yours and every customer’s decision about how to keep your home and family safe. Our focus is on helping all Americans make their home safe with exceptional home security systems at fair prices. We truly value you and your input and appreciate you taking the time to write us.

Thank you
-Bruce
Email Supervisor

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I expect I will get an identical canned reply from them.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What's interesting is how any of these companies can take any kind of moral stand on this issue.

I can understand economics and the politics of association,though I may not agree with their tactical decisions.

But, when it comes down to it, are they really hurting the NRA? Not at all. People used their services because they chose to associate with a cause that their customers believed in: gun rights.

In other words, customers used their services because they associated with the NRA, not the other way around. No one became an NRA member because they wanted to use a visa card. So divesting themselves of any association with the NRA only hurts the quitters, not the NRA.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wonder how often we'll see members recommend SimpliSafe now?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
USPS Money orders will get a huge bump in use, should these financial asshats start monkeying with the ability of folks to buy things.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
What's interesting is how any of these companies can take any kind of moral stand on this issue.

I can understand economics and the politics of association,though I may not agree with their tactical decisions.

But, when it comes down to it, are they really hurting the NRA? Not at all. People used their services because they chose to associate with a cause that their customers believed in: gun rights.

In other words, customers used their services because they associated with the NRA, not the other way around. No one became an NRA member because they wanted to use a visa card. So divesting themselves of any association with the NRA only hurts the quitters, not the NRA.

As above plus what they’ve done is give another opportunity for the loons to rant. Many times I wish Facebook and Twitter had never been invented. The vitriol and ignorance on display in the thousands of comments makes me wish for Para’s comet.

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
One of these days the libs will realize that NRA President Pete Brownell is CEO of Brownells, which is 100 miles west of me. It would not surprise me if they push for a boycott of all Brownells products. Yeah, like that's gonna work...

www.brownells.com

You can't boycott what you don't buy. What are they going to do, get us to stop buying from our own suppliers?

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:

SimpliSafe advertises on Rush--a lot. Wonder how that is going to play out?

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
Life member of the NRA. I have never used an NRA discount. I will be sure to not use any of those companies. I expect that the companies will be begging the NRA in about 2 months.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djinco:
Life member of the NRA. I have never used an NRA discount. I will be sure to not use any of those companies. I expect that the companies will be begging the NRA in about 2 months.

I've been an NRA Life Member for over 30 years and have never used an NRA discount with any of those companies but have use those companies without the discounts. I'll boycott them now though.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Add Delta and United the list.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
Looks like the hysteria is spreading. The Military Arms Channel is fighting to stay on YouTube.

Posts: 544 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

SimpliSafe advertises on Rush--a lot. Wonder how that is going to play out?

Another advertiser is Lifelock.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Add Delta and United the list.

Yeah. See my email to Delta above. Cowardly bastards.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post