SIGforum
Backlash Against The NRA

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8170051834

February 23, 2018, 10:25 AM
doc45
Backlash Against The NRA
I canceled the First Bank NRA card a couple weeks ago. Why would that negatively reflect badly on a credit report? It’ll show up as paid off and closed by consumer, never had a bad impact on my credit (low 700s) in the past.

Screw any business pulling out of a partnership with the NRA.
February 23, 2018, 10:47 AM
wishfull thinker
quote:
Originally posted by doc45:
I canceled the First Bank NRA card ...
Screw any business pulling out of a partnership with the NRA.

The bank is counting on this being a non-event and maybe it is for them. There are 'only' 5,000,000 members of the NRA and only a small percentage do anything from NRA promotions. Of course I am speaking through my hat, I don't know but that is how things work, pitch a bunch get a few strikes.

But the left want to see who's who, we are choosing up sides and I'm in. Dufas vest maker, moron and mega dufas X gear peacock {purple license my ass), they think they are a sunk cost in my check book and can talk their way out of anti-me statements. Wrong-o.

I have a little tiny voice but i will use it every time, every time.

February 23, 2018, 11:05 AM
dry-fly
Just cancelled my NRA visa that was issued by Omaha..

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
February 23, 2018, 11:18 AM
LBTRS
I am pleading with those that bad mouth the NRA or complain about their fundraising to think about what you're doing.

The NRA is the only reason we have the gun rights we have today. There is no other organization with this clout and we would have lost our rights long ago if the NRA wasn't wielding this clout in Washington.

They must fund raise to continue to do the work they do. First, it isn't hard to throw their fund raising mailers in the trash if you don't want to give any more. Second, these mailers/phone calls can all be stopped with a simple call to the NRA asking them to remove you from their solicitation list.

They are the not the enemy and are fighting for us. Complaining about something so trivial is ridiculous. I've even seen people say they ended their membership over this nonsense. Talk about cutting off your nose, to spite your face.

Let's support the NRA and promote them, not bad mouth and complain about something so trivial that can easily be resolved with a simple phone call.

Thanks and I'm off my soap box now. Smile

February 23, 2018, 12:18 PM
JALLEN
As Sen. Rubio said the other night, the NRA is influential not so much because of the money it contributes to politicians but to the enthusiasm and convictions of the members and sympathizers who stand up and get involved every time an issue comes up, calling, writing, talking.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
February 23, 2018, 12:40 PM
PeteF
All those that joined the NRA for a visa card or a discount car rental please say "aye".

CRICKETS

Yep, real effective strategy, lose business for NOTHING.
February 23, 2018, 12:42 PM
Fusternc
Just joined the NRA 2 days ago!
February 23, 2018, 12:42 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
All those that joined the NRA for a visa card or a discount car rental please say "aye".

I actually didn't even know that they offered a discount for car rentals.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
February 23, 2018, 12:43 PM
fpuhan
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:

I actually didn't even know that they offered a discount for car rentals.

I get better discounts at National just by being an Emerald Club member.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
February 23, 2018, 02:29 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I am going to help make it rain. Tomorrow, as I want the number of donations on that day to be part of the count.
Right day, wrong month. But that's OK, drop a couple shekels on them anyway. Wink

The "official" date for this is March 24, not February 24.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
February 23, 2018, 07:32 PM
oddball
To me, this is all nothing new.

After Columbine, the NRA was relentlessly attacked, especially Charlton Heston. Virginia Tech brought the same shit. Same with Sandy Hook. Liberals are entirely predictable, they pull the same shit out of the same playbook. I'll get some more money to the NRA on 3/24.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
February 23, 2018, 08:12 PM
Ackks
Liberals are threatening to boycott and companies are folding. I just read Fedex, LifeLock, Wyndham Worldwide, and most rental car companies cut ties with the NRA.
February 23, 2018, 08:17 PM
Balzé Halzé
This is insanity.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

February 23, 2018, 08:17 PM
elde
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Just cancelled my NRA visa that was issued by Omaha..

I thought I might have a (non-NRA) First Ntl. Bank of Omaha Visa card. And damned if I haven't had one for a few years now. I just now hung up from telling the nice lady to cancel my account. She inquired as to the reason and I explained. If they wish to be political so can I. Bastards.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
February 23, 2018, 08:24 PM
2012BOSS302
I can live with out these companies quite well, and I can live with out more if any others want to keep it up. I AM an NRA member and I WILL be supporting the NRA on 3/24.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
February 23, 2018, 08:30 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
I can live with out these companies quite well, and I can live with out more if any others want to keep it up. I AM an NRA member and I WILL be supporting the NRA on 3/24.

For at least the rest of this year, I've decided that I will be donating at a minimum $50 on the 24th of every month. I'm frankly teed off.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

February 23, 2018, 08:36 PM
bionic218
It's an easy call for companies. Conservative gun owners don't call screaming for blood and issuing Twitter ban threats.

And that's okay. I don't need the NRA to be in the credit lending business. I don't need to rent cars from them. I don't even need membership from them.

I just need them to go to DC and fight the irrational childish boogey-man that is the progressive movement. To keep their hands off my guns, that's all I need from them. And if cash is what keeps that grindstone turning, I'll have my shoulder to the wheel on the 24th.

We're going to show the libs what really moves the world. And it's not threats, not grieving teenagers, and not Twatbook bans. It's cash money. Stand back and observe, dipshits. It's going to be epic! Cool
February 23, 2018, 08:37 PM
rscalzo
quote:
Liberals are threatening to boycott and companies are folding. I just read Fedex, LifeLock, Wyndham Worldwide, and most rental car companies cut ties with the NRA.

If they did a large amount of business through them , they would be staying. No one will miss them.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
February 23, 2018, 08:43 PM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
In the wake of the recent Florida school shooting, it seems that there is all kinds of backlash springing up against the NRA.

I did not have my hearing aids on this morning so could not hear any TV sound when I passed through the room where my wife was getting dressed for her first appointment today, but the crawler at the bottom of the screen on the CBS morning program said something about "Guns In America."

In another thread it was mentioned that the Enterprise car rental company has withdrawn discounts for NRA members.

The usual suspects (Nancy Pelosi and cohorts) are ranting and raving about the NRA.

Question: was the shooter even an NRA member? I have not seen anything to indicate that he was. If he was not, as I suspect is the case, why the backlash against the NRA? Other than the usual total lack of logic.

Why the backlash? Because it is being driven by the LSM and the democraPs. Typical horse crap.

I am not really aware of any nation, other than the USA that has anything resembling the Second Amendment.

We are now beginning to see the results of 40-50 years of libtard bullshit in our education/indoctrination system called schools.

I note that the same old collection of assholes is babbling on and on about those evil guns.

I hear, or see jack shit about how many lives are saved by those same guns in the hands of the law abiding public.

Would it not be a good thing if the LSM, all varieties, would actually publish the truth about what is going on in this country and its guns?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
February 24, 2018, 03:53 AM
synthplayer
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

Would it not be a good thing if the LSM, all varieties, would actually publish the truth about what is going on in this country and its guns?

It would be wonderful! The "press" would be doing what our Founding Fathers intended for them to do.

Imagine if the press had conviction about the sacred duty they hold as members of the press! Imagine if their FIRST duty was to inform the people about what the people's elected officials are up to - regardless of their party affiliation! Wow. That would be truly great. Democrats would FEAR the press, instead of feeding them their stories and instructing how to report them. The Democrats would actually have to clean up their act, lest the press tell the people about all of their dirty, underhanded schemes.

But, sadly, the press is just the propaganda arm of the corrupt Democrats, and thus, they convince the gullible, unintelligent masses to vote for the very party that wants to enslave them.

There will be a special place in Hell for these liars (LSM) who subvert the very means by which the people were supposed to be informed when casting their votes.

I found what you said riveting.