SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tomato Eating Poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomato Eating Poll Login/Join 
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
use the Swiss army knife to cut out the core.. then eat that like an Apple.. and like above have said stop at a fast food joint and get some salt and pepper.. heck they might even give you a fork at Wendy's or KFC

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9075 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I'd just use my teeth. When I was a kid, I'd eat 'em in the garden that way. I always took a salt shaker with me though. Lordy, those tomatoes got soooo tasty in the Missouri sunshine.

This!!

Nowadays, I usually slice them or cut them into chunks.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Take it home, then eat it over the sink, salt shaker in one hand, tomato in the other!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Thick slab of fresh mozzarella, some bright green basil leaves, olive oil and balsamic glaze. Salt and pepper.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Thick slab of fresh mozzarella, some bright green basil leaves, olive oil and balsamic glaze. Salt and pepper.

mmmm, and a fresh baguette to sop up all the remnants

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
The savages are eating Miracle Whip and are a complete lost cause. Wink
Hey! I resemble that remark! I only use MW and absolutely hate mayonnaise.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
These are all excellent tomato eating ideas, except throwing it out the window. We have much bigger knives at the Flea Market. I work 1/2 day tomorrow, and my salt is down there.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
For great tasting homegrown tomatoes I like to simply cut them up into slices, sprinkle on some salt, and eat them up. I am in the middle of enjoying my homegrown tomatoes and haven't gotten tired of them. Now when it comes to store bought tomatoes, then I dress them up with more than just salt to enjoy them.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8669 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Didn't vote as none of the options were viable. Get a chef's knife, cut it into slices and add a little salt then eat.

Nice looking tomato by the way.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5054 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Miracle Whip and all Mayonnaise are vile.

Salt.

Maybe a good quality Garum.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I didn't use the knife or the chop sticks. Ate it just like a apple with salt. It was good.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Buy 2~3 pounds of tomatoes and make gazpacho.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I didn't use the knife or the chop sticks. Ate it just like a apple with salt. It was good.

Salt on an apple?

Well, I like salt on canteloupe, so maybe I 'll try it.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15910 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I take a salt shaker out to the garden eat all the ripe ones, repeat the next day.

Posts: 5606 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

Salt on an apple?

Well, I like salt on canteloupe, so maybe I 'll try it.
Actually I am less cultured than I thought so, I took huge bites, same as eating a apple. But I salted it down as I went.

St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I would of added bacon,lettuce and toast with a dab of mayo. But that's me. Smile

Posts: 5310 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
All you need is the little knife, maybe a dollop or two of mayo, salt and pepper

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
I would of added bacon,lettuce and toast with a dab of mayo. But that's me. Smile

Jib Jab Been there already.

And it was good.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6322 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post