SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIL’s battle with breast cancer is over (update in Original post)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIL’s battle with breast cancer is over (update in Original post) Login/Join 
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted
She’s been moved to hospice this morning. She was diagnosed with it in 2013.

It’s the same kind she had 20-plus years ago. She beat it in to remission after chemo treatment and a double mastectomy then. She was given a clean bill of health after five years.

This time around they have been using “target” drugs for he past five years eliminating the spots in one organ only to have it pop-up in another spot.

Her two of her three children are heading to her side a final time. The oldest daughter will join her sister when she arrives there tonight. The USAF officer son is working on travel from Florida.

My wife flew to Minot, ND Sunday to be there. My wife and Donna are the only children of a Bataan Death March Survivor and his wife who was a driver for McArthur in occupied Japan.

If you are inclined, keep Donna (SIL) and Marshann (my spouse) in your prayers.

Donna past away at 8:45 this morning.
Thanks for all the prayers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hunthelp,

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers inbound. May God bring her peace.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
I just completed a prayer for your wife and sister in law. May God bless all involved. John

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your SIL's comfort and for the entire family as well. Blessings and safe travels to all.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. Unusual, but it happens, glad she has caring family around her.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your SIL. Prayers for you all.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2750 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
In my prayers.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Thoughts AND prayers inbound.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
very sorry to hear that

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this.

My SIL lost her battle about 8 years ago.

your SIL story mirrors hers Frown

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Always sad to hear such news and it saddens me. Prayers for all affected!

May God grant her peace in her trials.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunthelp:
The USAF officer son is working on travel from Florida.

If he is at MacDill AFB and needs a ride to the airport please let me know. If it's on a work day I will try to change days off or take it as a vacation day. Whatever I can do to help. TSM11 will aslo help if I am unable to arrange the time off. If it is on my day off I will drive him anywhere in the state. I know he has Space A as well as uber/lyft available to him. This is just my way of a vet helping a service member.

Prayers lifted up for all concerned.

Tony
aka Rotndad

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent.

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry. Prayers sent.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Wishing you and your family peace and comfort.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Prayers have been sent.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Prayers inbound...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post