SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CNN Says Eisenhower Purchased Alaska-Tries to Ridicule Trump Saying He Wants to Purchase Greenland
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CNN Says Eisenhower Purchased Alaska-Tries to Ridicule Trump Saying He Wants to Purchase Greenland Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted
CNN has a snarky article stating Trump wants to buy Greenland as a legacy builder, like Eisenhower did when he purchased Alaska.
Maybe they should fact check a little more before publishing stories criticizing others lack of knowledge.
I guess they never heard of Seward's Folly.
How many CNN fans noticed?

*I guess someone brought it to their attention. They just corrected it and added a footnote at the bottom.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/15...t-journal/index.html

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Both of 'em.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
At the bottom of the article:

CORRECTION: This story has been updated to correct Eisenhower's role in Alaska's history.

Hayzoos Kristo, these people are the biggest ass clowns ever. Big Grin

Stupid and ignorant. A twofer!

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They can't even get the time right

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A twofer!

Ignoranuses: Ignorant assholes.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:

Both of 'em.

And only because they both had a layover in Detroit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Ike did the Louisiana Purchase after he invaded Normandy. Greenland could use a nice golf course and hotel, if Trump wants to add it to his properties.

This kind of stuff by a so called news network is only bypassed by the average dolt on the street. I bet Edward R. Murrow would be impressed.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Wow, “Seward’s folly” attributed to Eisenhower.... very amusing, not even the right century!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Give up? Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Look whose names are on the byline. They can’t even spell journalism

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:

Both of 'em.

And only because they both had a layover in Detroit.

lol Right. Mrs DF and I noticed that our recent 5 star hotel had the TV programmed to turn on tuned to CNN. No matter which channel was playing when the TV was turned off, it came on with CNN. Just another airport deal.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Give up? Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell no!

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I Googled Greenland for yucks after reading the OP's post and found this article. The picture is a little perplexing.

https://e-syndicate.net/weathe...000000-olympic-pools

I mean, if we get penguins with the deal, them I'm all for buying it.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't Greenland called Greenland because several hundred years ago, it was green and NOT covered in ice?

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
As has been said before. If Trump cured cancer the media would find fault with it.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Isn't Greenland called Greenland because several hundred years ago, it was green and NOT covered in ice?

No.
Calling it “green” land was an early example of deceptive advertising. It was reportedly given that name to encourage other people to settle there. “Ice” land (Iceland) was discovered by Norse explorers first and its name was evidently believed to have been a public relations mistake even though, unlike Greenland, it wasn’t covered by an icecap.

When those early settlements were occurring the climate was undergoing a temporary warming spell and was more clement. Later, however, things turned colder and the European settlements in Greenland failed. Greenland was always mostly covered in ice at least since the last ice age, however, even though areas along the coast were (just barely) suitable for agriculture and raising animals for a period of time.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Just another example of Trump's wickedness. Razz
Buying Greenland now while it's having financial problems and selling in a few years when his global warming policy turns it into a tropical paradise.
Yes, I'm kidding but watch the fiction writers at CNN, MSNBC and others run with this line at some point.
Got to find a way to put the Koch brothers and Hitler in the story too.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buying Greenland would be a great strategic move, to counter Russia. Lots of land for spread out and underground military facilities. Close for over the pole routes, etc.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of buying Greenland. Can we buy Canada too, just to complete the set?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post