SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida, DeSantis suspends mandates
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida, DeSantis suspends mandates Login/Join 
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
DeSantis has sad he and his family hate DC and he does not plan on going back.

Let's hope he stays in FL.

I also think the "real" power is being a Governor. There is a lot a state government can do to stop federal crap (if they have the guts)

And that might be true, but FL governor is limited to two terms. He can't stay there forever.

Posts: 2287 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It seems pretty obvious to me that DeSantis is eyeing the Presidency. Everything he's doing points to that. He even appears to be losing weight.

In politics, a lot can change in just a couple of years, but right now DeSantis is doing everything perfectly right. We've been let down before, but I have high hopes for this man.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
DeSantis should run for president and trump governor of florida that would drive the dems crazy

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Well, hold your hats because your wonderful Senator, Charlie Crist is going to run against DeSantis.

That piece of crap is a congressman not a senator. He tried to run for senator but Rubio beat him. He was worthless as a governor and anything else as far as I’m concerned. Goes in whatever direction the wind blows.
Crist is like herpes. No matter what you do to get rid of him, he's always lingering around looking for a way to re-emerge. I absolutely hate that POS and will do everything in my power to support whoever runs against him.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Desantis is a great governor and would make a great President. Crist would be an excellent running mate for the Dems, everyone in Florida hates that A-hole. Best would be 2024 Trump President, Desantis VP.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
This quote from crist's wiki page is telling: "Crist holds the rare distinction of losing a statewide general election in Florida as a Republican, a Democrat and an Independent."

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
AMEN.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I'm thankful EVERY FUCKING DAY that we didn't end up with that POS Gillum as Governor.

DeSantis is awesome.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The radio played clips of Mayor Jerry FGDC Demings moaning and groaning about "confusion."

'Demings received a copy of the order minutes after he wrapped up a regularly scheduled news conference Monday evening, and later issued a written statement blasting DeSantis – and Republicans – for what he saw as an attempt to seize power from left-leaning local officials.

“Governor DeSantis has been slow to act in responding to the pandemic, which has caused local elected officials (mayors) to take action to fill the void and keep their residents safe,” Demings said in the statement.

“When I ask myself, ‘What is really the purpose of the governor’s actions?’ I conclude that his actions are part of a larger partisan strategy by the Republican Party to usurp the authority of Democrat-led urban counties and cities across America. We expect better from the governor of Florida.”

Demings said the county will make decisions in the best interest of public health and safety and “will not wait on the governor to tell me what to do.” He said the county was reviewing its statutory authority “and will respond accordingly.”'

https://www.orlandosentinel.co...i6y7kuf6i-story.html

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Demings is such a piece of shit. Politicized Orange county sheriff when he was the sheriff. Just read up on what his wife did. Dude is nothing but an affirmative action piece of shit.

People like him is why I'm not moving back to Orlando.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post