SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida, DeSantis suspends mandates
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida, DeSantis suspends mandates Login/Join 
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted
https://www.flgov.com/wp-conte...s/2021/EO_21-102.pdf

If I'm reading this right I'm not mandated to wear a mask unless a private business has it posted? hoping to get back to the way it was.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1139 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
That's the way I think it plays out.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Texas’ Governor Abbot rescinded the mask order a month or so ago. Here in San Antonio the only store I’ve been to that took down their sign was HEB. It felt good to go maskless, but I noticed that most of the other customers were still filtering.

Posts: 26902 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I'm thankful EVERY FUCKING DAY that we didn't end up with that POS Gillum as Governor.

DeSantis is awesome.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Here in San Antonio the only store I’ve been to that took down their sign was HEB. It felt good to go maskless, but I noticed that most of the other customers were still filtering.

Lowes in McKinney took down their signs. I have been to several small, local restaurants with no signs as well.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I'm thankful EVERY FUCKING DAY that we didn't end up with that POS Gillum as Governor.

DeSantis is awesome.

I can't imagine my business surviving if DeSantis wasn't our Governor.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He sure has been a great Governer.

It is scary to think we almost ended up with a corrupt meth-head.

No doubt he would have been all in on locking down the state.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Well, hold your hats because your wonderful Senator, Charlie Crist is going to run against DeSantis.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Florida House Passes Bill To Permanently Ban COVID-19 ‘Vaccine Passports’

Rep. Mike Beltran, R-Lithia, argued that those who are vaccinated should not be concerned about the medical status of others.

“If you took the vaccine, the vaccine works, and you go into the restaurant, you go into the bar, you go to the store, you go to the sporting event, and you go in there and someone else didn’t take the vaccine, why do you care?” Beltran asked. “And if the vaccine doesn’t work, in other words, you’re afraid you’re still gonna get it, even though you’ve been vaccinated, and you’re afraid you’re going to get really sick, then why are you trying to force other people to take a vaccine?”

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...9-vaccine-passports/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the way I read it, no mask mandates, but businesses are able to enforce whatever mandate they have set if you want to patronize their business.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Well, hold your hats because your wonderful Senator, Charlie Crist is going to run against DeSantis.

That piece of crap is a congressman not a senator. He tried to run for senator but Rubio beat him. He was worthless as a governor and anything else as far as I’m concerned. Goes in whatever direction the wind blows.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
quote:

That piece of crap is a congressman not a senator. He tried to run for senator but Rubio beat him. He was worthless as a governor and anything else as far as I’m concerned. Goes in whatever direction the wind blows.

Put Rick Scott in that category too.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
^^thanks,but I’ll pass.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:

And if it's a legit election, he'll get trounced.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

With what happened during the Presidential election I won't say "no way"; I will say DeSantis is very popular.

We also had a lot of people moving here from NY...

We'll see.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^Hopefully Gov. DeSantis is on top of the election stuff in FL.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
There's a 718 page COVID thread on the front page you know right?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
quote:

I knew that twit Crist in a previous life. He never sees a successful effort by others that he won't jump out in front of and try to take credit. He is the epitome of a useless, disingenuous, opportunist political hack. I don't think he has a snowball's chance following a couple of real leaders into the Governor's office, and if DeSantis goes for the big job we have some rising stars who will leave Crist in the dust.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DeSantis has sad he and his family hate DC and he does not plan on going back.

Let's hope he stays in FL.

I also think the "real" power is being a Governor. There is a lot a state government can do to stop federal crap (if they have the guts)

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
DeSantis has sad he and his family hate DC and he does not plan on going back.

Let's hope he stays in FL.

I also think the "real" power is being a Governor. There is a lot a state government can do to stop federal crap (if they have the guts)

Anyone want to take a bet on how quickly he will change his tune for the title: Mr. President?

2 milliseconds? 3???

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post