SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Neil Diamond announced he has Parkinsons
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neil Diamond announced he has Parkinsons Login/Join 
Picture of whododat
posted
He will be retiring immediately.
Very sad to hear.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...tirement/1056520001/

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
How sad,wife and I went to some of his concerts.
Always enjoyed ourselves.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Heard that too, sad to hear.
A real superstar.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

top ten must have album, from that era

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Great song writers are much less common than good performers. Here's just one of many...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/usZtSl8mX08

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
So many great songs, Cracklin' Rosie, Sweet Caroline, etc. Somehow this one just strikes a chord. You can almost feel the energy as it builds. Never been to a tent revival, but you almost get the feel...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5va1iaLj2M

ETA: Thanks a million to Chance for Tube it! (http://www.karmanator.com/tubeit.pl) and thanks to JALLEN for mentioning it in a recent thread.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Damn! I knew I should have went to seen him last year.

He has been one of my favorite artists for many years and there are so many great songs. Shilo is one of my favorites.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Grew up listening to his music. God bless him.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Always loved his music. Hated his views during the 2004 campaign, but that doesn’t detract from his music.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
One of the best singer/songwriters around, I like a lot of his music.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
He's only retiring from live performances. He plans to be very active still in writing, producing, etc.

I used to work with someone who grew up with Neil (who was also a musician). Back then, he was just one of the guys; nobody knew how good he was yet.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always think of my grandparents coming to this great country, via Ellis Island.

[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/FFwSzZQ4MVI [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I know a lot of his songs.

The best song of his to drink beer to in a bar is "Forever in Blue Jeans."

Sad for him.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Very sad and just a good sign the FDA needs to be reformed to get information to people to live a longer healthy life.

There is a series out this week by Dr.Mark Hyman called "Broken Brain".

You have to go to his website and sign up for the series of episodes:

https://brokenbrain.com/trailer/?oprid=13159

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Very sad.

In 1977 I went to Spain as a school trip. We toured the country in a Mercedes bus that was equipped with a cassette player. Our bus driver loved Neil Diamond, so we listened to Neil over and over again.

Every time I hear early Neil Diamond, I am taken back to 1977.

I will pray for him.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have always enjoyed some Neil Diamond. It takes me back to the street I grew up on because the lady across the street had a 20’ x 20’ canvas portrait of him attached to her back privacy fence.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25410 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He gave his gifts to the world and we are the better for it.

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ePXck9H1pI

I am a believer

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I am glad this thread popped up not for the fact that he has parkensons but made me plug Neil Diamond into Pandora.
What a great era/genre the Station has been rocking for 2 days straight now:
Neil Diamond
Gordon Lightfoot
Elton John
Cat Stevens
Buffalo Springfield
Elvis
John Denver
James Taylor
Van Morrison
And more

Myself and the boys are loving it. My middle boy won’t let me shut the van off till the song is over.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25410 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What an outstanding performer and showman. He will be missed but his music will live on.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post