SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    $1200 to You If Dish TV Called and Your on the Do Not Call List
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$1200 to You If Dish TV Called and Your on the Do Not Call List Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted
Money magazine has an article with a link wherein you can type your phone number. If it turns out Dish TV's telemarketers called you and your on the Do Not Call List - you WIN $1200.

They committed 18,066 violations X $1200 penalty per violation = $21,679,200 penalty.

That should wake up the spam robocallers/telemarketers.

Here is the link to Money magazines article which includes the link to type in your phone number:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...0T4S?ocid=spartandhp

The deadline to file is 6/18.

Posts: 3716 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't qualify, but that's excellent.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
FYI you can verify/add your number on DNC registry by calling - 1-888-382-1222. Takes 90 seconds to confirm or add your name to list. Just did it for my work phone, been getting a bunch of calls recently.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
DNC registry

or click here

Here

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Direct link to the number checker:

https://kccsecure.com/dishclas...ookup/Home/PhoneForm

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Our numbers are on the do not call list, yet we still get 10 calls a week. I wish that kind of fine was levied for all violations from all the bastages!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Our numbers are on the do not call list, yet we still get 10 calls a week. I wish that kind of fine was levied for all violations from all the bastages!

I just verified that our home phone and mobile phones were registered 13 years ago. I bet we’ve received 7000 telemarketing calls since then. Recently though, the phones have been pretty quiet - maybe due to that POS that got nailed recently.

I sure wish there was a donotmail registry for email and postal mail.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the truth will set you free
Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
Damn class action lawyers enforcing the law again. We would be much better off if each of the 18,000 folks had to file their own lawsuits.

Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: September 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
A simple solution: Don't answer if you don't know whose calling.

We let our answering machine screen all our calls.

Why can't people resist calls if they don't know whose calling?

Yes, initially this approach is difficult for those whose 'must' answer all calls, but with time and discipline such calls are easily ignored.

Get with this approach and life is much easier.

No call I've ever ignored caused me any grief and I've been doing this for many, many years...

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
What if you pay $50-$100+ to Costco or Sam's Club every year and they are allowed to solicit you once you walk inside?

Posts: 2513 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Lawyers made out like bandits.

18,026 numbers on the list x $1200 per head.

Which equals $21,631,200 out of $61,000,000

Martini lunches for all my friends!

Still glad to see a beat down for the little guys on the do not call list!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Can't they just get a robot to call all 18,026 numbers to let people know they have a claim?
Razz

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10900 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Can't they just get a robot to call all 18,026 numbers to let people know they have a claim?
Razz
But they're on the Do Not Call List... Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Shucks. I didn’t win. Dish must be the only solicitor who hasn’t called our home number. It rings a lot. So much, I shut off the ringer.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:
A simple solution: Don't answer if you don't know whose calling.

We let our answering machine screen all our calls.

Why can't people resist calls if they don't know whose calling?

Yes, initially this approach is difficult for those whose 'must' answer all calls, but with time and discipline such calls are easily ignored.

Get with this approach and life is much easier.

No call I've ever ignored caused me any grief and I've been doing this for many, many years...

You must not be self employed and use your cell phone for 16 hours a day for business. Unfortunately, I don’t have every existing and potential client programmed into my phone, so I must take all calls.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post