SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you had unlimited funds, what would a few of your eccentricities be?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you had unlimited funds, what would a few of your eccentricities be? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'd start a couple of different charity organizations, without a doubt.
Next (or maybe simultaneously), I'd see how many cities throughout the world my wife, kids and I could visit before I dropped dead.

Posts: 237 | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Gomez Addams. With the whole family.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
I would fund the FDA approval and distribution of Vasagel and an equivalent for women. Once approved, I would fund global distribution of the product and provide the sterility treatment free to anyone who wanted it. I would charge for reversals.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A closet of grey mandarin suits. A fluffy white cat to stroke. An undersea base.

And a 12 gauge Gatling gun.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
A closet of grey mandarin suits. A fluffy white cat to stroke. An undersea base.

And a 12 gauge Gatling gun.

Don't forget, frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I would cruise the ocean with the USS New Jersey right after I fully refurbish.the USS Olympia. There are so many interesting things I would like to do.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
I have a little list, and there none of them be missed.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know the gun-toting couple from the Termors movies? I'd like to be them. With an indoor pool and a nice pickup.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I would enslave Scarlett Johansson.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Cars- I would do my best to fill up a temp-controlled warehouse.

But first, I would like to help out some people that life pissed on and passed by-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Genius

I would creat the Sigforum town someone talked about several years ago where members came to live in the town with 1000 yard ranges, pistol ranges, fully loaded reloading rooms, and what not. I think it had a moat and convex wall too.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
A home, with hidden tunnels. And lots of dogs and a training facility. But best of all, I'd have the time to spend with my dogs

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by WesleyDelArma:
Who would be willing to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mr. Durst's corpse while his Magnum Opus "I Did It All For The Nookie" is played in tribute? You sir?

250 posts in 7 years? Oh, the fun we've been missing out on!

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
A stone castle somewhere in Europe. Not sure what I'd do with it, but I like stone castles, though I've never seen or visited one in the flesh.

I can't imagine how you would heat and cool those places. My guess is you don't. I'd learn how to fence and wield a heavy sword and battle axe.

Anyone breaking in the castle without a gun would change their mind after entering the training chamber, where I would be waiting for them.

Oh, I gotta go to bed to get up early for work. Nevermind.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Nothing too original.

Double-fenced compound, 10 or 20 acres. Rottweilers roaming the perimeter between the fences.

Rifle range. Pistol range. Really nice shooting positions. Like an indoor range but outdoors.

Whatever my wife desired in her "perfect house".

A garage/shop/man-cave roughly 4 times as big as the house with ALL the amenities.

Machine tools, at least a lathe and a milling machine. Rehabbed stuff from the 40's. South Bend, Bridgeport.

This and a private Doctor to help keep me and Wife in Good Health to enjoy it.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
UNLIMITED funds?

I'd buy the entire west coast (California, Oregon, and Washington states) and kick all the liberals out.

I'd build a 100 foot high wall along the border with Mexico that also extended 100 feet into the ground.

There would be a 50 foot wide moat running along behind it filled with piranha and alligators. It would be manned 24x7 by ex-spec-ops guys with all the artillery they could want, one every few hundred yards or so.

I'd demolish all the structures I didn't want and turn LA into the world's largest racetrack.

I'd have the world's largest shooting complex and longest rifle range, and the world's best sport fishing (both fresh and salt).

Thanks

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Genius

I would creat the Sigforum town someone talked about several years ago where members came to live in the town with 1000 yard ranges, pistol ranges, fully loaded reloading rooms, and what not. I think it had a moat and convex wall too.

The Free State of Sig. Maybe take over a nice southern state with good weather, and create our own Utopian SIG society

And the Slurpee machine

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
My own Alamo at the farm...and the funds to have friends and over for target practice and BBQ any time I wish...

and, my own Wall. Smile

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
A bunker, with a modest home on top of it. On my property would be a nice outdoor range that would constantly host appleseed courses. Ever kid under 16 would get a free case of .22lr.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Get The Walking Dead a real set of writers and producers. Maybe have Kirkman look at the flowers. Replace Negan with WesleyDelArma.

And bacon, sooo much bacon.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post