SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you had unlimited funds, what would a few of your eccentricities be?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you had unlimited funds, what would a few of your eccentricities be? Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'd find all of the local conspiracy theorists.

I'd rent a black helicopter and a pilot to circle their homes at low altitude several times a week.

I'd also buy several white panel vans and stock it with every video game and WIFI access and park them across the street. I'd pay college kids to sit there and play games on rotating shifts. The router name would be NSA VAN#___ or FBI VAN#___ or Universal Exports Truck #____

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Find myself enough acres to build or copy the Phillip Island track, elevation changes, everything. Then build a house on the property and 10-20 garages.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
500 acres or so, reinforced house, private airstrip, hanger with a few planes, a tank, few exotic cars, etc.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I would enslave Scarlett Johansson.

Hmmmm....
Or would she enslave you?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Hmmmm....

A valid point.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
I would love to be able to stop at a local PD or FD and pay for the renovation of their garage's,or what ever they needed. maybe drop a few hunner gran at a school board meeting an say taxes are on me this year.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4583 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Buy the cure for my Mother-in-Law's Mesothelioma disease so my wife and I could have our lives back. I miss her. This is not a complaint about TSM11@AOL.com being gone to be with her Mom during treatment. I just want MIL to be cured and us to resume our lives.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Challenge every stupid law all the way up to the Supreme Court. Fund every politician who would vow to restore the USA to its original Constitutional Republic. Fund manned space flight and colonies. Collect warbirds, sports cars and guns. Lots and lots of guns. Someplace to use the planes, cars and guns. Buy a continuous strip of land from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico as close to the border as possible and put up my own Wall, with whatever security I deemed necessary. Fund better movies and TV shows. Pay for research into prosthetics work as well or better than the original parts. Or growing replacements. Be so far off the grid that the only people who know I exist are the friends and family who I want know.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I would buy a quarry and also buy the biggest damn excavator, dump truck, and bulldozer.

I would then enroll in the Make a Wish foundation, and offer to host any kids that want to come out and operate the heavy equipment (with an experienced co-pilot) and play to their heart's content. That would be really fun.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
I would buy a quarry and also buy the biggest damn excavator, dump truck, and bulldozer.

I would then enroll in the Make a Wish foundation, and offer to host any kids that want to come out and operate the heavy equipment (with an experienced co-pilot) and play to their heart's content. That would be really fun.

Make the equipment remote controlled via Xbox controler and the kids will be as good as professionals inside of 15 minutes.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I would buy every one in the world a case of SPAM secretly laced with the cure to every disease.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'd buy a huge compound & take in every unwanted or unloved dog. Hire a staff & make sure they gave them the best life possible. Some other animals as well...

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Vinny, I'd like to shake your hand someday.

You can't fix the world, but by God, you can tend to your little patch of it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Hmmmm....

A valid point.

Does it really matter? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Open a huge dog rescue here in WV. Or just expand upon the one I volunteer with because it's already amazing! They really need an agility course to help the less confident rescue dogs so that would be a must. (I am working on it now though) Buy homes on the surrounding land for the workers that way their paychecks could go to other things. And perhaps my own home finally too! Maybe with a personal chef Wink

That's about it I don't really need anything.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Enjoy playing high scoring rounds of golf at all the upscale golf courses that the public can access.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
@ Para: Same to you, sir. The longer I live the more I realize the best things in life aren't "things."

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Nobody has said "concubines" yet.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 year stay in a fat farm,
(if I want to make it in too the 20 year sigforum club)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Buy a bubble wrap factory so I can pop them all I want.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post