SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you had unlimited funds, what would a few of your eccentricities be?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you had unlimited funds, what would a few of your eccentricities be? Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
A indoor and outdoor range complete with different set ups that can be left up. And a tank.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I would have so, so many watches.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You could create The Human Fund as portrayed in Seinfeld and send these out to people you don't like:

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107489 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Gulfstream jet.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After reading all that, mine seems modest. Back in the day, when I wore a dress shirt and tie every day, I always thought I would like to wear a brand new shirt every day. Just liked the way they felt and fit over one that had been washed .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Not too eccentric but I'd like a huge workshop with everything from basic hand tools to cnc mills and lathes. The capability to fix or create anything my imagination can come up with would be my dream.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Full body massage once or twice a week.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
  • Glass house on a lake, with huge underground complex (think Cheyenne Mountain Complex).
  • Space exploration, maybe just tourism, cause exploration sounds too much like work.
  • Fully crewed yacht capable of circumnavigation.
  • SR-71 Blackbird.
  • X-15 converted for VTOL.
  • Lots of toys with giggle switches.
  • MCB Quantico and lots of artillery and ordnance.
  • Abrams, Black Hawks, and assortment of other fun military toys.
  • Couple of high end exotic cars

I would spend to majority of my time (until I got bored) visiting all of the best and most exclusive resorts and restaurants. Where I would have people removed from the property that annoy me. Between lavish trips I would visit space and blow shit up. When I needed a break I would just come home and watch loony tunes and cat videos in the full sized theater below my glass lake house. All other free time will be spent on charity.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WesleyDelArma:
I would have my entire right hand colored red. Tattooed or however.

Then I would buy as much of my small home town as I could and build a huge dark palace on it, think Lord of the Rings. I would stand on my balcony five nights a week and make the people from my town debase themselves for things they consider valuable.

You want a Harley Davidson? Simple, drink this gallon of urine in front of your family.

You want a new Jeep? Admit publicly your most shaming secrets. To the crowd I mean. I will judge if what you have admitted to is worth your precious Jeep.

I would also purchase the local Christian tv station and host a show where people would call in and talk about their fellow citizens, neighbors, family, etc. I would offer a tier of rewards based upon the informations potential for shame, and obviously truth.

To that end and my own personal safety I would hire an army of veterans to protect me and investigate things.

That's a nice truck, isn't it? Yes, a nice "rig" indeed. How badly do you want it? This "rig"? What would you be willing to do or tell me to have it?

I would blast Born In The USA and Uptown Girl while doing these things. I would hire Fred Durst to emcee, which the people would love and be excited about, then have one of my soldiers beat him to death in front of the onlookers. There would be huge concert sized monitors showing people's homemade sex tapes, disgusting public behavior, etc during "Family Fun Fest." I may also hire agents to have people degrade themselves in a studio for prizes or cash as well. With the understanding that "no one would EVER see the video". Then obviously show the video to the crowd. Not all of them, though. So there will still be ambiguity about whether or not I will show it publicly.

Who would be willing to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mr. Durst's corpse while his Magnum Opus "I Did It All For The Nookie" is played in tribute? You sir?

You sir are a weird individual.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20 acres of fertile ground in up country Maui. A few cows, chickens, and a big house with a cement pond.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a 2500 sq ft bunker underneath a 6000 sq ft garage underneath a 3500 sq ft two bed ,one bat house.
on 160 acres in eastern iowa

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Then I would buy as much of my small home town as I could and build a huge dark palace on it, think Lord of the Rings. I would stand on my balcony five nights a week and make the people from my town debase themselves for things they consider valuable.

You want a Harley Davidson? Simple, drink this gallon of urine in front of your family.

You want a new Jeep? Admit publicly your most shaming secrets. To the crowd I mean. I will judge if what you have admitted to is worth your precious Jeep.

I would also purchase the local Christian tv station and host a show where people would call in and talk about their fellow citizens, neighbors, family, etc. I would offer a tier of rewards based upon the informations potential for shame, and obviously truth.

To that end and my own personal safety I would hire an army of veterans to protect me and investigate things.

That's a nice truck, isn't it? Yes, a nice "rig" indeed. How badly do you want it? This "rig"? What would you be willing to do or tell me to have it?

I would blast Born In The USA and Uptown Girl while doing these things. I would hire Fred Durst to emcee, which the people would love and be excited about, then have one of my soldiers beat him to death in front of the onlookers. There would be huge concert sized monitors showing people's homemade sex tapes, disgusting public behavior, etc during "Family Fun Fest." I may also hire agents to have people degrade themselves in a studio for prizes or cash as well. With the understanding that "no one would EVER see the video". Then obviously show the video to the crowd. Not all of them, though. So there will still be ambiguity about whether or not I will show it publicly.

Who would be willing to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mr. Durst's corpse while his Magnum Opus "I Did It All For The Nookie" is played in tribute? You sir?

He would always be caught red handed. What a Smooth Criminal. The rest of his fantasy would only work on people who want something more than they want dignity.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

I was thinking he should print out his post and take it to a good shrink and have a long, long talk about it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would have my entire right hand colored red. Tattooed or however. ...

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
six foot high wall around house filled with concrete and rebar with strategic ports and gates.

2,000 - 2,500 sqft home with established roses (thorny kind) all around. Nice basement for theater and well protected.

A reloading room with requisite armory in the house.

Outside wall of the house made from cinder block filled with rebar and concrete (similar to outside walls). Drywall with plumbing and electrical fabricated inside said wall.

5-car garage with two or three daily drivers, one in restoration/build, and one for the weekend racer/mountain carver. Construction akin to house's walls (just in case I am out there and protection is required)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of mine would be an early 70's Porsche 911S, manual shift, manual brakes, no power steering and trailing throttle oversteer, the whole kit and kaboodle.

Because a light weight sports car with a curb weight of 2200 lbs and 180 hp out back is just plain fun to drive. As for the trailing throttle oversteer, you brake to the apex and roll on the throttle and it isn't a problem.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I'd buy the biggest piece of land near Glacier Park, MT I could find. Preferably surrounded by US Forrest land. I'd drive AWD Porsche 911's and would have a few all original 1965 Chevy C10 pickups. I might build a full rally racing course on the property with various paved/gravel/dirt sections. I'll think of some more eccentric things in a bit...

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Dillon mini-guns. Everywhere around the casa.

I'd have several technicals built with Dillon Mini-guns in the back. I'd drive them to the store when I need bread and milk.

Oh, and I'd hire two guys to drive another technical to the store behind me. They would guard my technical while I was inside.

Maybe white Toyota trucks....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Buy Heckler & Koch next time it comes up for sale and buy out the Freedom Group.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
unlimited eh?

well, I'd buy 10,000 acres with a villa in the Tuscany region of Italy

I'd pick up 10,000 acres of mountain property in southern Arizona (for astronomy)

for transportation I'd pick up a King Air 350 and I'd get two CF-5 fighters with 30,000 hours worth of spares. And for a lot of fun I'd like to get an old F117 and of course the spares.

Also set up a foundation to provide university scholarships to really smart kids and also set up a fun to pay for medical expenses for those that really need them. And to help out, Id buy a 400 bed hospital, double the salaries of the permanent staff and put in a 5-star kitchen for food service.

This could be fun. Spaceflight might be nice.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post