SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A step back in time. Doobie brothers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A step back in time. Doobie brothers Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Hey Para, I know you have on occasion brought us some of these. Hope you and anyone else who likes classical rock music enjoys. God bless America and DJT

Better days are ahead!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4oZCtfmh44

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Saw them do this live at Winterland back in the day. They were on with Montrose! Best concert I've ever been to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwlr65TbJA

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Went to Winterland a lot back then, but the only time I ever saw the Doobie Brothers was at the Buffalo Chip at Sturgis. Wild place for a concert.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I saw them at LSU in 75

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
PRETTY MAMA!.......

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
For me, it's 'What a fool believes' - totally epic....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKYQNtF11eg

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
For me, it's 'What a fool believes' - totally epic....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKYQNtF11eg

My personal favorite too. Thanks for the thread, and this post.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Saw them in Big Sky, Mt about 7 years ago. It was an outdoor venue and the evening was dead still - barely a breath of wind to circulate all of the happy smoke around the crowd. It was a fabulous concert.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites from around 1975. Michael McDonald really has a great voice!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
We saw them two year ago and they were amazing still. One of the best concerts I've seen. Pretty obvious they love making music and taking an audience with them.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Doobie Brothers at Alpine Valley, Wisc. - best show I never saw.

It was either the late 70s or early 80s. Went there with a couple of car loads of friends. We got there early and started partying in the parking lot.

When it was time to head in for the show, me and a couple of others decided to have another beer before we went in. One thing led to another and the next thing we knew, the concert was over and we were still in the parking lot drinking - missed the entire concert, but had a great time. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The Doobies are a great band but I’m not a fan of MacDonald. I consider those to be the dark years.

Favorite song is a tie between Dark Eyed Cajun Woman and The Doctor

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Man...I remember my mom and aunts and uncles going to the Melody Tent in Hyannis back in the 80's to see them. One of my uncles was a huge fan. Blast from the past lol.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post