SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    your favorite summertime comfort food.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

your favorite summertime comfort food. Login/Join 
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Watermelon, cantaloupe, cherries when they are ready. Red seedless grapes are good too.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Summer comfort food: bacon cheeseburger

Fall comfort food: bacon cheeseburger

Winter comfort food: bacon cheeseburger

Spring comfort food: bacon cheeseburger

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vine ripe tomatoes, never refrigerated for mater samiches-just mayo, salt and pepper on the bread of your choice with a thick slice of juicy tomato. Don't even need bacon or lettuce.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Anything I cook on the Weber. Doing a Tri-Tip roast for tonight. Yum

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
A couple of hot dogs with the fixings and a big-ass glass of unsweetened ice tea. Put some chips and a pickle on the plate and I'm happy.

Dessert, give me key lime pie.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Rainier Cherries!

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
Ice cold potato salad, 5-cup salad, Italian pasta salad, peach pie, unsweetened sun tea with tons of ice.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
All types of melons. That simple. Served very cold. Cool

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Cape May Salts Oysters from the Delaware bay.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Monster Cherry-Pineapple Popsicles.

Fresh home grown sweet corn.

And starting this Summer, steaks on the pellet grill. Finally got it down and can duplicate results, instead of hoping for the best. Wink

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Frozen red grapes

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Rainier and bing cherries for start. Fresh made pico from the garden.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Fresh cucumber, onion salad with feta in olive oil & vinegar dressing.

I was going to say cucumber and onion salad in cream with dill, but yours sounds equally tasty!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Another gourmand of gazpacho and chilled soups checking in. This week, Chilled Cherry Soup which the Hungarians call Meggyleves. Last year I posted some recipes and received a nice compliment.

Watermelon is also a favorite.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Can I say steak?

I'm reading this thread and seeing fruit and vegetables and, desserts.

If I have to pick a fruit, ripe peaches, maybe w/ some vanilla ice cream in the background.

Vegetable: broccoli, steamed, buttered, and sprinkled w/ red wine vinegar.

But they come w/ or after a ribeye splashed w/ soy sauce during it's wait to come to room temp. Then BGE'd .
This is served w/ garlic bread. Not just any garlic bread. The cheapest garlic bread will do, as some of the fancier stuff just don't get it.

And now this has evolved into a comfort meal.
If I broke a rule, I'm not going to apologize. Big Grin

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Grilled tomato and fresh mozzarella and basil sandwiches. I could live off those things in the summer.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Corn on the cob!!! Also okra on the grill.

Could you elaborate on the grilled okra? My wife has them growing in the garden and this sounds like a nice alternative to pickling or deep frying.

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anything off my grill. Steak, chicken or pork. Grilled asparagus is also in there.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brats on the grill, sloooow cooked, spicy brown mustard and carmelized onions.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Steak or chicken on the grill with corn on the cob. Oh, and Fudgesicles.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post