SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    your favorite summertime comfort food.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

your favorite summertime comfort food. Login/Join 
posted
I am starting my 4th watermelon, since mid May.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Airpusher
posted Hide Post
Popsicles, the red or orange ones.

A man is still only as good as his word

Posts: 220 | Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frozen Custard, though I will happily eat it year round if it's available.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gaspacho and other cold soups.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ice cream. Homemade, Brusters, Blue Bell....

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm eating the watermelon quickly. I can't tell you how many I have eaten, but it's a bunch.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I got up at 3am to start a 12 lb brisket in the Egg, and it is starting to smell good! (then I went back to bed) Love BBQ in the summer, especially.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Spinach Noodles with sliced cherub tomatoes tossed in a garlic Parmesan vinaigrette dressing. Goes great with grilled anything.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
local butter & sugar corn on the cob.

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Low country boil...
Shrimp, crawfish, sausage, corn, peppers, maybe some crab, potatoes.
Can't beat it.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Frozen Girl Scout Cookies - Thin Mints

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Pee Punkins (watermelons) here.

Just DON'T eat it after supper, especially if you're over 50. You'll be up all night peeing...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Peaches, plums, nectarines, grilled corn, and homemade ice cream

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bad for me, but ice cream all the way!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Steamed Canadian lefse anchovies pork balls. Or not.

On a hot summer day, you can't beat a fresh picked, sliced, chilled, Bahamian mango. The smooth kind, not the hairy kind. Wash that down with a Nassau Gum-bay Punch, preferably on Paradise Island's 'Cabbage' beach.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Sweet corn. Just had some fresh from a roadside stand for lunch.....

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
BLTs with vine ripened tomatoes from my garden.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Making big batches of chilled gaspacho soup - not pureed but rustic with chopped onion, bell peppers, zucchini and summer squash, and a liberal amount of crushed & chopped garlic.

A great summer meal when served with sliced cold cuts and cheeses and fresh made loaf of rosemary olive oil bread and local butter.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corn on the cob!!! Also okra on the grill.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Fresh cucumber, onion salad with feta in olive oil & vinegar dressing.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post