SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Selling high cap mags to Type 7 FFL in Massachusetts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selling high cap mags to Type 7 FFL in Massachusetts Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted
Are type 7 FFL's immune to state magazine laws? I cannot find anything online to show if you can legally ship high cap mags to a Type 7 FFL in a ban state like MA.

Anyone here on the forum have insight on this?

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
There is a guy down there who has rented an old mill building in Littleton that rents out space to guys so they can have a premises for their 07 FFLs. I have sold magazines to a couple of them at that address. They just send me a copy of their license. I feel I'm more than covered and frankly, it's not my job to enforce their unconstitutional laws.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
I'm not a lawyer...but:

If the mag was made before the 1994 or 98 GCA (October ??- I can't remember the date offhand) it would be legal to buy, sell, possess, etc. here. By anyone lawfully able to receive one.

Some of the other states supposedly require it to be in state before then.

I only have one pistol that would accept standard capacity mags (P226), but it's in .40SW, and since they weren't available in .40 back then, there aren't any.

If my gun were a 9, then I could get them for it.

I have a few mags for my AR (not enough but for now they'll do), and not a one of them is 10-round limited. They are all NOS "pre-ban".

Just another stupid law made by uninformed morons.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
Are type 7 FFL's immune to state magazine laws? I cannot find anything online to show if you can legally ship high cap mags to a Type 7 FFL in a ban state like MA.

Anyone here on the forum have insight on this?

It depends on whatever state law is in effect. What does the Mass AWB say on this subject?

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
there is, or was (not sure if it changed recently) a Class A license needed to have high cap mags in MAss,

I sold a few guns to a dealer , and some high cap mags, and he had both a FFL and the Class A, (and sent me copies of each)

again, not sure if that still applies or if the rules have changed in MAss

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can ship standard cap mags to FFLs in MA.

Regular citizens have to have a Class A, and the mag has to be made before 1994.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't a type 7 be legal to build machine guns? kind of makes high caps moot.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
see the last line of my previous post above.

Many laws made here by incompetent, ingorant persons.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The MA magazine ban only affects ownership by private citizens. 01, 03, and 07 FFLs can have whatever they want but if it's postban, they cannot sell it to private citizens. Not sure about the other classifications of FFL.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post