SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Easter 'Christos Anesti!'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Easter 'Christos Anesti!' Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
The Greek Tradition of the Red Easter eggs
something like this

'Christos Anesti!' or 'Christ is risen!' and the person with the other egg responds with 'Alithos Anesti!' or 'Truly he is risen!,'”

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Cool. Thanks for posting.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Easter to you as well. The pink knockouts we planted in memory of my wife's mother were in full bloom so we propped up the phone and snapped an after church pic.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Nice Easter pic. I've promised my wife I'll plant some Knockouts in the near future for her.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HAPPY EASTER! HE IS RISEN.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have this on a CD, and listen to it every Easter:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
I have this on a CD, and listen to it every Easter:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rXR0tloMmoo" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Thanks for posting, I never heard it before, but it is beautiful! I may have to add that to my Easter tradition....

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
HAPPY EASTER! HE IS RISEN.
HE IS RISEN INDEED!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Happy Easter, to all!!!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alythos Anesti!

And I got the uncracked egg!

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTheo:
Alythos Anesti!

And I got the uncracked egg!

Yasou!

I cracked 1st round....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post