SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    (3) Clemson vs (1) LSU College Football Championship
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(3) Clemson vs (1) LSU College Football Championship Login/Join 
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Great game. Congrats to the LSU Tigers.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
SEC Football. Best in America

Yup! Geaux Tigers!

Once LSU figured out what the Clemson D was up to, it was only a matter of time to get the train rolling.

And LSU could have easily scored another touchdown or 2, but just ground out the clock in the 4th. I'm sure if Dabo called another timeout they would have stuck it in, but finished in the victory formation.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Congrats to LSU. They looked great. And handled the end of the game with class. I love the fact that Coach O is 100% into his staff, his university, and his state. I have a feeling we could see this matchup again next year in December or January.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Great game! Congrats LSU!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That LSU committed as many pass interference calls as they did, but got rolling anyway. They are legit, good game.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
SEC Football. Best in America

Congrats to LSU, but i am sure they dont need the rest of you donkeys riding on their coattails.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it would be a more even match up, but LSU was super consistent on O once they got rolling, and Lawrence never did find his groove. Hats off to LSU. A good game, and classy move running clock at the end. Enjoy the championship.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
Clemson and Lawrence were exposed.

For what? Not being quite good enough? Congrats to LSU. I doubt they want or need coattail fans.

Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
As I posted at 9:22 this morning: "Clemson is going to get pounded."

Lord, its hard to be humble. Big Grin

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2270 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Went out to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight in Anchorage to watch the game with coworkers including my boss who is an LSU alum. On the positive side, at least I still have a job tomorrow.

But I was impressed tonight in the bar. The National Anthem came on and everyone in the bar stood up and removed hats. Don't think I've ever seen that.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Lsu. Sec finally throwing the ball around and hanging half a hundred like Big 12 teams have been doing for years.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Trevor Lawrence really showed his class by avoiding looking at Burrow and walking away.

Easy to be “classy” when winning, but it’s when one loses that true colors come through.

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
LSU was the better team and deserves to be the National Champs, but that call that took a TD away from Clemson was as bogus and the one that cost OSU a TD. Would not have made a difference in the outcome of last night's game, but just shows again how bad calls can be made on the field and still stand.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It was a decent game and LSU did prove to be the better team.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Congrats to LSU. I really like Ed Orgeron.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Though the game was officiated pretty good, there were few calls that were suspect.

The call that reversed the Clemson TD could have gone either way, both players were grabbing each others jersey, the angle the ref had made it difficult to see both infractions. It really should have been a no call.

OTOH Clemson was the beneficiary of some calls as well that resulted in 30 yards on the first drive of the 2nd quarter and a TD. Clemson got breaks that helped them score two of their TD's from the refs.
Again it was a pretty good officiating job.

Nice to see a good game, LSU's QB basically showed why he is the Heisman winner because he stayed calm and his staff figured out how to beat Clemson's D game plan.

Clemson QB Lawrence is good but young and less experience, with another year of experience He will probably be a Heisman contender, last count had him with least 15 overthrows, whereas LSUs QB Bannon settled in and was always on target.

Congrats to LSU and Clemson on a good game, but really, SEC!

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Though the game was officiated pretty good, there were few calls that were suspect.

Pac12 officials Roll Eyes Was actually expecting a bigger fail regardless, that OPI call...should've swallowed the whistle.

Good game, Burrow had perhaps the greatest collegiate football season ever. Lawrence is also a generational talent, his OL just wasn't up to it, nor did a few of his receivers get separation. Both players will go #1 to the NFL.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great LSU victory. Geaux Tigers!!

Posts: 868 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
IMO the real game changer came when Skalski was ejected. He was riding over Burrow's plans roughshod, and after he left LSU kinda started rolling.

Shows what a really good player on defense can do for you.

bcereuss, I guess I see it different. From my standpoint, you're SUPPOSED to show sportsmanship, and running away from someone who's saying "GOOD GAME!" would be exceptionally poor form. Was Burrow rubbing it in his face? If so I didn't catch that. I did comment to my wife that the exchange between the quarterbacks was more brief than I would have expected.

Either way, they will see one another on some Sundays in the future.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post