SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    (3) Clemson vs (1) LSU College Football Championship
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(3) Clemson vs (1) LSU College Football Championship Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I spoke with a number of friends today whom are either NOPD or Service industry in the French Quarter. Not a single one said the Clemson fans were anything but absolutely polite, well behaved and gracious.

Definitely not the normal experience that has been common from the other Bowl games in years past

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
I spoke with a number of friends today whom are either NOPD or Service industry in the French Quarter. Not a single one said the Clemson fans were anything but absolutely polite, well behaved and gracious.

Definitely not the normal experience that has been common from the other Bowl games in years past

Apparently, that is the norm for Clemson fans, though. When Louisville joined the ACC, Clemson fans welcomed them with open arms at their place. The word went out quickly to treat the Clemson fans well when they are in Louisville. It was so refreshingly different.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I think part of Trevor Lawrence's problem is he has never lost a game in college. He's been riding very high and things have been rolling his way through the pretty un-challenging ACC conference.

Yes, they beat Ohio and he showed some true grit but he had a very off night and LSU's defense kept after him. Lots of over-throws all night and last night was only his third solid opponent out of his 25 college games (Alabama in 2018, Ohio and LSU in 2019).

He has a bright future but I think he bought into his hype just a bit too much this season. I think if he takes it the right way, will be a force to be reckoned with next season.

Nice to see 2 teams play hard and then not be all butt hurt at the end, finishing it off with some class.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think part of Trevor Lawrence's problem is he has never lost a game in college. He's been riding very high and things have been rolling his way through the pretty un-challenging ACC conference.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He is not mature enough to deal with adversity. When the end of the game was in doubt, I saw Dabo trying to console him a bit. I am hoping the loss will create a better person. Burrow, in contrast has tasted adversity, and has matured as a result. Being a two star recruit and getting passed over at Ohio State helped build his character.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to wonder if Meyer has any regrets not giving Burrow the nod as the starter at OSU?

Always a fan of college ball but did not expect such a dominant season from LSU.

I had to laugh during the pregame interviews with Herbie and he asked Burrows why he throws passes into such suspect/tight coverages - his response was classic - "Like Favre used to say - if you don't want me throwing the ball like that then don't call the play."

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
a day before the game a news crew was interviewing the mother of COACH O and in a smiling and joking manner and pointing to her fingers that her ring size 8 would look oh so good... sweet lady and you could see how proud of her son ..... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
"Like Favre used to say - if you don't want me throwing the ball like that then don't call the play."
I saw him say that too - testament not only to Burrow, but to the team that Coach O created with that much trust in each other.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post