SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Midsize countertop microwave for Office ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midsize countertop microwave for Office ?? Login/Join 
posted
Suggestions as to size and brand??

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Panasonic. I think we got ours at Sams or Costco. One was way too big once we got it home. Exchanged it for the smaller one which was perfect.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Ever since we first tried one, we like the commercial models that do not use a rotating platter. Their technology scatters the microwaves all around, so no food rotation is necessary. These are typically found at your local Git-N-Go type stores. We currently have an Amana Commercial.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Interesting. My elderly microwave achieves variable power control by pulsing – full power for a certain percentage of the time, then off. Some Panasonic models have true variable power control. Does this Amana have true variable power control?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Interesting. My elderly microwave achieves variable power control by pulsing – full power for a certain percentage of the time, then off. Some Panasonic models have true variable power control. Does this Amana have true variable power control?

Panasonic

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

That has been the standard forever. Defrost was just off 70% of the time, on for 30%. Inverter's actually reduce the output of the magnatron. More expensive to produce, never really got a strong foothold.

Posts: 11221 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brad what brand do you suggest?? Thanks

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whirlpool or Panasonic are the only 2 i'd buy. The GE's and others are pure junk.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my 1st microwave, a Sharp Carousel, in January, 1986 and it's still going strong. Anytime we've bought Sharp anything, it seems to last.

I've heard Panasonic is also good.

Posts: 78 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharp with cook sensor. I had one last me 10 years before the key board went Kaput.

I bought another one.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frog in boiling water
posted Hide Post
We have a whirlpool model # wmc20005yb
Works well,looks more like a tv because its square. No keypad goes up by 30 second intervals

Posts: 429 | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Brad what brand do you suggest?? Thanks

Pretty much all the domestic countertops are considered unrepairable ie:they have no servicable parts. Most of the commercial models are set up for food service and don't work well in your application.

I would probably go with this Panasonic model. It's not huge but will do pop corn and warm up lunches till the cows come home.

Posts: 11221 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post