SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ABC apologizes for mistaking Kentucky gun range video for Turkish bombing of Syria
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ABC apologizes for mistaking Kentucky gun range video for Turkish bombing of Syria Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What I don't understand is why they didn't cut all the people hanging out videoing the event on their cell phone? Could have at least tried to make it believable. Or maybe they've just stopped trying?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I don't see the people and cellphones in the clips that were shown on ABC. The video in the OP is a montage of three videos: the first was shown on Good Morning America, the second was shown on World News Tonight, and the third, the one that shows the people and cellphones, is from somewhere else and was not broadcast by ABC.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this point why don't they just use scenes from war movies set in the desert? No one in their audience would know if it's real or not.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What I don't understand is why they didn't cut all the people hanging out videoing the event on their cell phone? Could have at least tried to make it believable. Or maybe they've just stopped trying?

I believe they have just stopped trying. Tell the lie you want, retract it for BS reasons, nobody remembers this lie three lies later.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Smile Smile Smile God Bless !!!

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Imagine the horror of these effete news snobs when they realized that that video was of Americans in fly-over country at a family event. Razz

ABC News- "OMG! It's worse than we thought!"

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
If its on the mainstream news I doubt pretty much everything they say.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
Here's The Babylon Bee's satirical take on the issue:
ABC News Airs Authentic Footage Of 164-Foot-Tall Godzilla Rampaging Through Syria

"Here we can see the harmful effects of Trump's actions in the region," said an anchor grimly. "May God have mercy on us all."

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 642 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ABC's so called mistake LOL !!! Enjoy and God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post