SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ABC apologizes for mistaking Kentucky gun range video for Turkish bombing of Syria
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ABC apologizes for mistaking Kentucky gun range video for Turkish bombing of Syria Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Yeah.....because all those cap-wearing hootin n y'all hollering rednecks weren't a clue!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/FF6uKMYYBeA

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
More correct headline:

ABC apologizes for getting caught.

Exactly.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"In other news, journalists from ABC attended a celebration at Knob Creek Distilling Company, only to be shocked that the event consisted largely of rednecks shooting fully automatic weapons at exploding targets, with very little actual drinking going on."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Maybe they got setup, like the newsfolks in the aircraft crash in SFO,, remember Big Grin

Captain Sum Ting Wong
Bang Den Ow
We Tu Lo
Ho Lee Fuk

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
More correct headline:

^^^this!! only sorry for getting called out.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
What’s worse are the people who believe what these wankers say.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
More correct headline:

Yep, pure bullshit. It was not an "error". They used the footage on purpose. What a bunch of lyin' weasels. Not an ounce of integrity.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I often think of Syria when I drive through Kentucky. Did Brian Williams report from Knob Creek? I expected to see JJones in the video. No luck...

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
"In other news, journalists from ABC attended a celebration at Knob Creek Distilling Company, only to be shocked that the event consisted largely of rednecks shooting fully automatic weapons at exploding targets, with very little actual drinking going on."

I get the joke that you are trying to make, but just to clarify; the Knob Creek Distillery is located in Clermont, KY (owned by Jim Beam folks), while the Knob Creek Gun Range is located near West Point, KY; both are in Bullitt County, but are some 30 miles distant from each other.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

I get the joke that you are trying to make, but just to clarify; the Knob Creek Distillery is located in Clermont, KY, while the Knob Creek Gun Range is located near West Point, KY; both are in Bullitt County, but are some 30 miles distant from each other.

Well, I think that was the joke, that they went to the completely wrong Knob Creek and saw something they didn't expect.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Knobs.... I give you ABC news...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "media" deserves all the abuse they are getting over this, but let's step back for a second and reflect on how fucking awesome that video is. 'Merica! Fuck yeah!!!

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
The "media" deserves all the abuse they are getting over this, but let's step back for a second and reflect on how fucking awesome that video is. 'Merica! Fuck yeah!!!

I know, it's awesome. People saw that clip and were like, "holy shit, look at that war zone in syria!" Then it was like, "nah, that's just Kentucky, USA."

Gave me a freedom boner.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was that a minigun firing tracers at :45?
That is mighty impressive.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Oh how I long for the days when I was able to go to KCR twice a year for the shoots. Met up with a fair number of Forum folks there over the years.

As for the story at hand, seriously, there are people standing around in a gallery with cell phones taking video, how could that remotely pass editorial muster for "war footage"??

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Those are Kentucky Turks and Kentucky Kurds havin' a lil fun. I am however quite impressed at the level of stupidity of media types and what they'll broadcast. Can we not figure a means to take down their satallites?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Imagine the horror of these effete news snobs when they realized that that video was of Americans in fly-over country at a family event. Razz

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:

It's a thing of beauty and looks like a great time.

The thought that ABC broadcast footage from Kentucky and claimed it was from Syria makes me laugh, hard. They seem to be trying real hard to answer what would otherwise be a rhetorical question: How stupid can you be ABC?

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Yep, that’s definitely the night shoot at Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot. Was there last fall but didn’t make it this year. Why am I not surprised they used this to whip up a bullshit sandwich to the viewers?

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Oh how I long for the days when I was able to go to KCR twice a year for the shoots. Met up with a fair number of Forum folks there over the years.

As for the story at hand, seriously, there are people standing around in a gallery with cell phones taking video, how could that remotely pass editorial muster for "war footage"??

I remember meeting you there many years ago in the vicinity of the pole barn.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post