SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does your dog go nuts while watching tv?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does your dog go nuts while watching tv? Login/Join 
posted
2 pound Rosie was on Bonnie's lap watching a show about the canadian outback.

well, Rosie saw a black bear running twords bonnie and it was saturday night in Sioux city !

barking fast and loud she ran up to the top of the couch and was looking out of the picture window to see the bear

funnier than hell

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Nope. Don't ever watch. If some dog is barking they look around and then go back to what they were doing.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Our cat liked to watch Missouri Quilting videos on my wife's computer monitor. Sat right in front of it, inches away. Wife is watching over his shoulder.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Pei Fred would watch TV anytime there were mainly animals on, and it didn't matter what kind. Occasionally when one would go across the screen in the direction of the window he would jump up in the chair there (put there for him) to see where it went.

Posts: 74 | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My son's dog gets interested if there are other dogs (wolves count) on TV. He watches them intently, but ignores all other TV.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My pup watches TV. She will set on the couch and watch the TV, she barks and growls at animals. She will cry if someone or animal gets hurt or killed.

I leave the TV on for her when I go to work, if the power goes out while I'm gone, the TV stays off and when I get home she's nutty. I guess because she missed her shows! Big Grin

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My dog, a Jack Russell Terrier, never pays attention to TV.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16698 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
My girl dog used to freak out over the Shrek movie. When Donkey was on the screen, she would be jumping up and down in front of the screen whining. We always wondered what she was thinking. It was always fun to turn that movie on when friends were over, just to see their reaction.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son and his wife have a 9 yr old Puggle and from the earliest puppy days til now she goes totally nuts. Doesn't matter if it's a live action or animated animal the beast launches at the tv. Everything else gets ignored. Funniest damn thing.

My dog, Rotty/Lab mix, could care less.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My female JRT loses her mind when any animal comes on tv.
The male JRT looks at her like she is insane. He is mostly correct.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Our puggle and beagle do the same thing with any furry animals on the screen. It's adorable.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
One of ours did when I had Blazing Saddles on at scene where Mongo comes riding to town on the bull. Don't know if was the image or musical score but he got pretty upset. Hair standing on end all the way down his back, growling and barking fiercely.

Haven't seen him do that before or since.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Our one lab growls & barks at animals on tv. The other lab chooses not to participate.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
My GSD loved the film Max. During her last weeks I'd put it on to get a rise out of her. When she was young (she had to be out down at 7 yo due to Leukemia) she couldn't be bothered. But 5-7 she'd watch tv. Any animal would get a bark. She'd watch tv just to find an animal so she could make noise. Fond memories.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12636 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
There was a really bad scifi movie on about 15 years ago, it was made in Italy and had just horrible special effects, along with some very odd dubbing of the obviously Italian dialog. My dogs King and Molly were watching it without really reacting to it and then the aliens who were attacking Earth began to lose the battle and they started yelling something that had subtitles that said, "Where are they? They are attacking XXXXX, no!, they have destroyed it!", it sounded like they were saying, "Tabba doo, vishnay!". I don't know why, but their reaction was to almost twist their heads off. The aliens said it again and again as they lost the battle, and each time, both dogs would jerk their heads to the side, and freeze in place looking at the screen. From that point on, if I said, "Tabba doo, vishnay", they would freeze in place and stare at me like I had somehow cracked the human to dog language barrier. I could get them to stop anything they were doing, even having one of their semi annual boxing matches, which were pretty intense and the speed of the punches they threw was pretty impressive. The freeze only lasted a few seconds, but it impressed my friends that I could break them up in mid meltdown with that phrase.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
We have a rescue who watches TV. She'll bark or growl at some dogs on TV. Just once she charged the TV when a dog was shown running in the direction of the viewer.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My dogs don't watch TV. They prefer a rigorous outdoor lifestyle.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
The only time we watch tv is maybe for a couple of hours in the evening and he either sleeps or chews on his bone just loud enough to be annoying.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Only if there is a dang pizza commercial with a door bell. Freaking dummies!!! Go nuts at my front door for about 5 seconds before they realize they made a mistake.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8852 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

so no therapy needed here , I guess,
thanks for sharing

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post