SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LeBron James has PTSD from spending 96 nights in the NBA bubble
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LeBron James has PTSD from spending 96 nights in the NBA bubble Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
What a pussy this guy is. He had to spend 96 nights in a suite at a resort hotel while making millions. The poor baby.

I was in boot camp almost that many nights. And we’ve got servicemembers that spend a year or more in a war zone. This weak excuse can’t make it three months.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...s-in-that-place/amp/

quote:
The NBA has not been immune to the nationwide rise in COVID-19 cases. Over the past week, five games have been postponed and far more players have been forced to miss games either with positive tests or due to the league's contact tracing efforts. The league, to this point, has proven unwilling to pause the season to either wait for a vaccine or simply come up with safer ways to play basketball.

The league did manage to find a safe way to complete the 2019-20 season in the shadow of the pandemic thanks to its Orlando bubble. No players caught the virus at Disney, and once the season picked back up, the playoffs were completed without any virus-related delays. Some have argued that if the NBA is truly committed to playing out this season, it should consider going back into a bubble in order to ensure the safety of its players.

But those players aren't exactly interested in the idea of another bubble. Reports have widely claimed that players viewed another bubble as a non-starter, and LeBron James confirmed that notion. When a reporter asked him how he'd feel about going back into a bubble, he cited PTSD from his first experience as a reason why he wouldn't want to go back and do it again.

"Well the bubble was a success, obviously, from a performance standpoint as far as our league getting back on," James said. "I haven't thought about the bubble much after I left. You continue to give me PTSD every time you ask me about the bubble. I started shaking thinking about 96 straight nights in that place."

This sentiment has been common among players from almost every team that played in Orlando for a multitude of reasons. Nobody wants to be separated from their friends and family for an extended period of time, nor do they want to be away from their homes. Boredom was a commonly cited issue as well, and socially conscious players were limited in how much they could support causes that were important to them from inside of the bubble.

There have been no reports indicating that the NBA would seriously consider another bubble no matter how much COVID-19 interrupts play. Now, we likely know why. Even if the NBA wanted to pursue the idea, the players would never buy into that idea. Before the bubble was even formed, Clippers guard Patrick Beverleyfamously said that "if LeBron James said he hooping, we all hooping." Well, if LeBron says no to a bubble, everyone else is saying no as well.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Gee... no one to fluff his pillow. What an ass!

I deeply resent and condemn this Marxist POS adopting the term PTSD that has so afflicted patriotic warfighters and first responders as a lament for his oh so sad bubble stay. FUCK HIM!.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Might backfire on him when everyone starts calling him "Bubble Boy." Or is that racist?

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
What. A. Joke! Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Soy boy fucking pussy.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I washed my hands of the NFL, MLB and the NBA awhile back. Way too many people I can't stand. These sports at one time had many great role models. Now they are few and far between.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I quit watching that sport after Sprewell said "I have a family feed" after turning down a multiple million dollar contract.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
How does he handle running out of Grey Popoun mustard?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
The guy went into the NBA out of high school and he wasn't interested in academics. He has about an 8th grade education ... and he can dribble.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the stupidity that ensues when a clinical term enters the mainstream vocabulary. If he thinks he has PTSD he should see a psychologist for evaluation and treatment.

It is particularly sad because it diminshes the anguish that many military combat veterans experience.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a pussy this guy is.

Well summed up.

This is what happens when one is surrounded by ass-kissers - there's no one around to tell them once in a while that yes, their shit does stink.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Inside that big body is a scared, shaking 97 lb weakling.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Cartman were were a member here:

"Don't mind LeBron everyone. He's just got a little sand in his vagina."

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never could stand this prima donna and now I dislike him even more. Screw him and every other pro athlete that thinks they are God's gift to the world and are experts on everything.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Wow! Good thing he didn't spend 96 nights in Fallujah, Hue City, or Normandy. GTFO you dribbling asshole!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I’ve been isolated for almost 6 years. 96 days? Pffft.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
To be fair, I wouldn't want to spend 96-days with a bunch of assholes that have been been put on a pedestal their whole lives and are emotionally stuck many years younger than their actual age.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23100 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could really care less for most of these Jack Wads.

Here is my idea. Tell them that since they are so traumatized that they should go ahead and take this season off, relax and recoup..............Without pay. We would we would see them all miraculously healed like a old southern tent revival ! Eek

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone should red-flag him before he hurts himself. Poor dear.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Both our society & culture is flawed by how athletes are lionized and held in high virtue. Many parents serve athletes up as role models when in fact they are setting there children up for disillusionment and failure by doing so.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post