SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any stamp experts/enthusiasts on here? Please take a look at these. Thanks. ** Lots of pics. **
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any stamp experts/enthusiasts on here? Please take a look at these. Thanks. ** Lots of pics. ** Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Not mine. Trying to help out family members from this old thread. These are just some of the stamps. There are tons more. Following are some examples.
I'm pretty sure they have some values, but how valuable are they? To me, who is clueless about these, they are just very cool, especially the US stamps.

USA

The world

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Timely post.
I just finished (about 10 minutes ago)vacuum packing my Fathers stamp collection. He passed about a year ago at 91.
He collected his whole life and had his fathers collection in addition to his. I always remember a plate block he had autographed by astronauts that had been post marked in space. I was not into stamps but thought that was pretty cool.

No body in the family is interested in the collection and I will not sell it, I don't have any interest in its value. I will keep it in my gun safe and when I die somebody else can safe guard it until the day comes when somebody in the family has a interest in stamp collecting.I bought my Son a large safe so he can keep it safe when I'm gone.

Posts: 4623 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
My Mom collected stamps back in the 70’s, give or take.

She wanted me to check on the value. I looked on eBay, they had very little value checking comparables. Her’s were part of a ‘collector series’, different that yours. You may have a few gems mixed in.

I guess you could find a trustworthy person in-the-know to look them over.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post