SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Anniversary Subaru of America!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Anniversary Subaru of America! Login/Join 
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
My wife has a 2016 Outback Limited 2.5i. She loves it. I think it's ugly, growley and under powered.
I have to admit though in shitty weather on shitty roads it's an absolute all star.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
I think I may have been in Alaska too long. I'm starting to think a fun car would be a Subie with studded snows at all 4 corners.

A simple YouTube search will show you pretty much any/every AWD comparison is against a Subaru.

When I first got my Legacy, my wife and I were driving to participate in an obstacle course mud run at a local ski resort. We got lost on the way, and took some back roads (per the GPS), and actually ended up driving up the mud covered ski slopes, while the event was going on. Some people gave us dirty looks, some laughed. Every time we asked a worker how to get off the course, they weren't sure as they got dropped off on quads. They just kept pointing uphill. After a few miles, we finally found our way off the course.

We had a bad ice storm a few years ago. Only way home had about a 1/3mi stretch of road that was a very steep uphill. There was a queue of cars lined up at the bottom, waiting their turn to attempt. And just as many cars in the ditch on the side of the road. Cars would make it about 1/2 the way up, lose traction, and start sliding either downhill or in the ditch. My Legacy made it up the first try. I do run Blizzaks in the winter though. But I do see a few WRX running studs. Just a word of caution, studs work great in snow/ice, but can be counterproductive on dry/wet pavement, you can lose traction.

HBD, SOA!!!

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post