SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    After six years on the overnight shift, going back to days with a new position...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After six years on the overnight shift, going back to days with a new position... Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Anybody that does 27 years as a dispatcher deserves a promotion. My wife has 20 in and works the day shift. I hope she will get something similar in the future!!

Most of her center switches from days to nights every 2 weeks. So she is happy for the day hours!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
Anybody that does 27 years as a dispatcher deserves a promotion. My wife has 20 in and works the day shift. I hope she will get something similar in the future!!

Most of her center switches from days to nights every 2 weeks. So she is happy for the day hours!!

That is a really bad rotation. Should be minimum of 12 weeks on a shift for the body to get used to the cycle.

We used to have 3 month assignments, then went to 6 month, now are 1 year shift assignments.

And to be fair, it’s been years since I worked a radio. Not sure if I could keep up if I had to get on the console. Still answering calls pretty regularly, but dispatch is a whole nuther thing.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post