SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Colorado carjacker shot by armed citizen in Pike National Forest UPDATED JULY 12
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado carjacker shot by armed citizen in Pike National Forest UPDATED JULY 12 Login/Join 
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
When the retired officer thought he had fired all of the ammunition in his AR-15, he told deputies he set it in the bed of his truck and took out a second AR-15.
Say what? Would someone please explain this to me?

I guess he follows to the “Two is one and one is none” principle. Smile

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
When the retired officer thought he had fired all of the ammunition in his AR-15, he told deputies he set it in the bed of his truck and took out a second AR-15.

Well the quickest reload is another weapon.
Since we can depend on the media to get it wrong when reporting, it could have been that first rifle had a red dot on it and the second rifle had a magnified scope to better see the suspect in the wrecked car. I could see myself doing it that way.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Colorado reload?

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
From https://www.9news.com/article/...dom-people/572102809
"It’s unclear what prompted the shooting spree to begin with."

Perhaps he smoked some MJ laced with PCP or maybe embalming fluid. I bet his tox report shows something.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
Damn! "Shot multiple times", but not sent to his "great reward"! We have GOT to improve stopping power, especially when it comes to things like this...

Should have shot him in the eye - any eye will do just fine.

tac

Easier said than done under real world conditions.

Getting shot anywhere in the face is not a lot of fun, but the eyeball is ideal.

As you say, IF you can.

An acquaintance of mine emptied the 13-round mag of his HP into the face of his would-be hi-jacker at a traffic light. It sure wasn't pretty.

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Well the quickest reload is another weapon.

Not necessarily.

If someone had to put down a rifle, pick up another, and load it (or even just chamber a round because if it’s in a vehicle having a round chambered would be illegal in Colorado), I could probably beat his time with a reload—assuming another magazine was available, of course.

There’s no way of knowing what goes through other people’s minds in such situations, but his wanting a rifle with a different sight might have been the explanation.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
quote:

Colorado reload?

That's some funny stuff right there. Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post