SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man's best friend? Not if woman has cheese I guess
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man's best friend? Not if woman has cheese I guess Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
"Zoom"... That is excellent!
And True Big Grin

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Our 2 beagles are strictly dog food pups. They don’t beg, stare at you, or otherwise use the power of their minds to weaken you into giving them people food.

But any time you are preparing something in the kitchen and something hits the floor, a single tap of your foot will bring them flying like tricolor projectiles. I have been known to “accidentally” drop an equivalent amount for the second place arrival out of pity.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
I remember when Hope, my faithful old Sheltie girl died. The next evening, the first evening after she passed, I didn't know how to finish eating, without sharing some with my gal. Little bites of food, pulled off and stacked on the edge of my plate for her.
So I just sat there and quietly cried...

I felt the same way after my last one died. The next day I stopped and got a burger and fries from the local joint and took it home. "Who's going to help me finish the fries?". Dang dog loved french fries, especially with fry sauce.

That, and whenever I had meat (steak, pork chop, etc...), he always got the last few bites. He was always so polite about too. I'd give it to him on a fork and he'd close his mouth over it and let me pull out the fork before he'd bite it.

Damn I miss that dog!

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
It shouldn't come as any surprise...dog may be man's best friend, but a dog's first loyalty is ti it's belly.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Our Cats know the sound of the Costco Roasted Chicken container.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Man's best friend? How about who ever feeds them's best friend.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its the sound of the bread box opening that triggers a high speed cat response at my house.
And the cat is a huge fan of.... Tater salad!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I could slip into the pantry as quiet as drifting smoke to get a handful of peanuts, but every time I opened the pantry door our English pointer would be standing there wagging her tail, waiting for her share of the loot.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
For one of my previous GSDs, it wasn't snacks but her regular meals. She would jump up run around the bottom floor of our colonial house barking. As she passed through the living room, she would pause long enough to pick up her dog bed and toss it, then begin the next round of running around the ground floor. This would continue until whoever was getting food for all the dogs returned.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a rescue bulldog for a few years and he was a serious chickaholic. If we roasted a chicken or in any way were preparing poultry, he would come stomping into the kitchen. His antics included a kind of tap dance he could do with his short little legs and since his arthritis and general construction limited his mobility, he would smack you on the ankle until he got his share of chicken pickins. He was old, arthritic and partially blind when we rescued him but he had chicken radar like no other dog we've ever had.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anarion:
It shouldn't come as any surprise...dog may be man's best friend, but a dog's first loyalty is ti it's belly.

That sounds like Bailey ... She's now a full grown Black Lab and 9 years old, and it probably has something to do with her weighing nearly 100 pounds.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post